• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AK photo's

survivalshop

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks , here is a rare one for you, a 86s , less than 1k made it in , believe it or not it has a standard length barrel , and as far as i know its the only chicom that has peep sights , bout it new in 89 as a getting out of the service gift to myself , very accurate and misleading , the muzzle device is a wire cutting device , shove the wire in the fish lips and squeeze the trigger , its considered that some of the features leaned on the Aug such as the folding forward grip and the handle

P9100086.jpg

P9100090.jpg

Edited by micmacman

4 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Nice I'm jealous as AKs and their variations are prohibited up here now so can't add to one to my Russian stuff( have Mosin, regular & sniper, SVT40 and SKSs)  

ahhh , feel your pain , half my family are on the Listiguj Reserve in Quebec ,half think im weird for my collection , and the other half wish they could have them

its a double edge sword yet you still come out on the stinky end of the stick , we cant find SVT40's in the states and when you do they are not $500 rifles anymore , Russian SKS are now averaging $1200 + for non refurbs and refurbs about $800 , i remember $250  for a war horse 

but you northern brethren have to mutilate your magazines with the dreaded 5 shot pin , makes me cringe to look at ,lol

had some rare Mosins back in the day , a Westinghouse and a Remington M91's, neither carried a import mark which led me to believe they were part of the know contract default with Russia during the war , they contracted us to manufacture rifles to aid in their increased need and inability to keep up with production and then defaulted the contract so the rifles were never delivered 

19 hours ago, micmacman said:

ahhh , feel your pain , half my family are on the Listiguj Reserve in Quebec ,half think im weird for my collection , and the other half wish they could have them

its a double edge sword yet you still come out on the stinky end of the stick , we cant find SVT40's in the states and when you do they are not $500 rifles anymore , Russian SKS are now averaging $1200 + for non refurbs and refurbs about $800 , i remember $250  for a war horse 

but you northern brethren have to mutilate your magazines with the dreaded 5 shot pin , makes me cringe to look at ,lol

had some rare Mosins back in the day , a Westinghouse and a Remington M91's, neither carried a import mark which led me to believe they were part of the know contract default with Russia during the war , they contracted us to manufacture rifles to aid in their increased need and inability to keep up with production and then defaulted the contract so the rifles were never delivered 

I was wondering when I saw micmac in your name.

Prices have started to climb in the last 2 years up here on the Russian stuff as the supply coming in has pretty much dried up.  I got lucky and picked up stuff at a good time. In the last 6 years my Russian stuff has tripled in value( wish my investments did half as well)

20 hours ago, micmacman said:

thanks , here is a rare one for you, a 86s , less than 1k made it in , believe it or not it has a standard length barrel , and as far as i know its the only chicom that has peep sights , bout it new in 89 as a getting out of the service gift to myself , very accurate and misleading , the muzzle device is a wire cutting device , shove the wire in the fish lips and squeeze the trigger , its considered that some of the features leaned on the Aug such as the folding forward grip and the handle

P9100086.jpg

P9100090.jpg

Have you ever tried the wire cutter?

I picked up a T97( civilian version of T95) and has an aftermarket flattop, 18.6" barrel

t97.jpg

thats a sweet rig there , never owned one of those , stayed away from 5.56 for years , x39 was always half the cost here , owned a pair of SP1 way back in the day , really regretting letting them go 

lol , no never tried the cutter ,deliberately placing things in the direct path of a bullet directly in front of the muzzle makes my butt hole quiver 

the prices of the chinese stuff has gotten out of hand , i believe i paid $350 ? for the 86s back in 1989 , seen one sell without the impossible to find fish lip muzzle device sell for $4,600 , not asking but actually sold , another last winter went for just over 5k with box and little less wear than mine 

i had several non refurb Russian SKS and a pair of SVT 40 rifles back in the day and let them go to get something else , figuring they would be easy to replace , turned out i wasn't paying attention and they got away from me , only have one now a black bolt refurb , but it did escape the dreaded refurb mark on the receiver , i still get sick not holing onto the svt40's 

P1010150.jpg

P1010151.jpg

P1010152.jpg

14 minutes ago, micmacman said:

saweet , the Russians really made some pretty lumber didnt they , we can have SVT 40's in the states , they just wont allow anymore to be imported 

Yeah the pics don't do the wood justice. I knew for a while you could have the Russian stuff, my reference to they aren't allowed is mine can't visit.

I have a bunch of stuff the ATAF says I can't visit with, I have a Savage made .303 Lee-Enfield that can't visit. :embarrassed: 

2 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Yeah the pics don't do the wood justice. I knew for a while you could have the Russian stuff, my reference to they aren't allowed is mine can't visit.

I have a bunch of stuff the ATAF says I can't visit with, I have a Savage made .303 Lee-Enfield that can't visit. :embarrassed: 

ohhh , i get what you meant , yea , even though i have duel citizenship i cant even bring anything in from Canada

this is one that i had years ago

HPIM1692.jpg

HPIM1693.jpg

• 1 year later...