• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

shockwave brace legal

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/12/foghorn/atf-rules-on-shockwave-blade-ar-pistol-brace-but-adds-a-warning/

did they miss the boat? seems like sales have leveled off on the sig brace now that lots of folks are skittish about all the rulings. doesn't look any more comfortable than a sig brace for it's intended use. doesn't look any more comfortable for it's unintended use either. up side is it looks a ton lighter and only costs $50. ATFs letter specifying no shouldering allowed is amusing.

" provided the Blade AR Pistol Stabilizer is used as originally designed and NOT used as a shoulder stock."

I wonder if this means firing from the shoulder is a felony or if just the act of placing against the shoulder is the felony?????? IF I were to use one I would simply hold the "brace" 1/4 inch from my shoulder, let the arresting officer prove in court that it was touching my shoulder.............

On another note I wonder if striking someone with this brace would make it an SBR???? It could be called a buttstroke..............

• 4 weeks later...

funny you mention that....I just pulled it out to take pics to list it for sale on backpage. soon as I held it I lost my willpower lol. first thought was...this really needs a law adaptor.

so one of you guys needs to spring for a gen3 so you can give me a good deal on your old crusty gen2

I bought a Shockwave,  it showed in the mail today.    Honestly I think its a fine hunk of plastic.  $55 shipped beats the heck out of $129 for a SIG brace and its lighter.

I'll report back once its on the pistol and has some range time.

It's definitely easier to use as a brace than the SB15. I can't figure out how you're supposed to put an arm strap around it though without it being really weird...

what's the total length? what diameter tube are you using and does it have any wiggle at all?

Length doesn't really matter with the shockwave because you can install it at any position on the pistol receiver extension. It has a screw on the bottom that pushes on the pistol receiver extension similar to how a low profile gas block's set screws work.

yea...but I think they look goofy backed off the lower. my sig brace is tucked right up on the castle nut and the extension is flush with the rear of the brace. if the Shockwave is any shorter than the sig, I won't be able to snug it up.

It is shorter.