• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I need some shooting gloves

Microgunner

Farkle is going to recommend Pig gloves. Lol (I beat you to it). IMHO, I tried them and I'll be buying a pair soon too.

Oakley SI Lightweight Gloves... Effin' awesome gloves... as long as you don't use them as work gloves, like me. I went through two or three pair in short order. They were so comfortable that I wore them for EVERYTHING.

Mechanix MPACT... I have been wearing these on duty for a few months now. They even have a "tactical" line (Covert and MultiCam). I ended up cutting the padding out of the palm on my right hand. For duty use it made my grip too thick to grab my .45.

I almost forgot...

Sitka Gear makes a shooting glove. It was really nice, and affordable, but near identical to the PIG Glove.

Lastly there is "Line Of Fire" or LoF Gloves... these are like the Lamborghini of gloves. I used to have a 50% off code, but it expired in Feb. I really wanted to order a pair of their gloves, but they were out of stock in the size/color I wanted.

Honorable mention...

Oakley SI Assault gloves are really good too. I literally wear these till they fall apart at the threads. My only gripe with them was the carbon fiber knuckles can be uncomfortable till the gloves are REALLY worn in. This is the reason why I like the SI Lightweight gloves so much. For me, by the time the knuckles get comfortable, I've already worn through 1 or 2 fingers and usually a section of the palm.

Love those damn gloves. <thumbsup>

Out of all the ones I own. The Wiley X hybrids are the oldest and have held up the best. PIGs are too new to make a solid judgement....they feel good and for now that is good enough. The real contender is the Mechanix 0.5. They are like bare skin condoms for your hand.

Edited by StainTrain

PIG gloves from Tactical Distributors arrived this morning via UPS.

Nice, very nice. They fit like a....errrr....glove.

PS they came with two little green Army men in the package.

Very cool. I'm certain that you will like the gloves. Army guys were a bonus!

How do yall go about ordering gloves off line. I can never find a pair to fit right unless I can try them on. Every brand fits different. I have large wide/thick palms and fingers not long enough to be considered proportionate. So most gloves are either tight on the palm and loose on the fingers or vice versa. 

How do yall go about ordering gloves off line. I can never find a pair to fit right unless I can try them on. Every brand fits different. I have large wide/thick palms and fingers not long enough to be considered proportionate. So most gloves are either tight on the palm and loose on the fingers or vice versa.

I'm not above trying on at the store and ordering online....