• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FA Side charge .308

So I picked up one of these Upper recievers for my current build, I'm Kindve on a pioneering run and all has been going smooth until I came across a hiccup with the rail height on the reciever. Any info on a handguard/rail system that would be flush with this high rise monster?

post-16015-0-96985700-1431110402_thumb.j

Weight isn't really an issue at this point. Haven't really browsed much but an idea I had was maybe a handguard with a detachable top rail(keymod,etc.) And buy a riser that would fit flush? Unless you guysrecommend a website that has the first gen dpms rails in stock

Tried calling DPMS yesterday 30min before closing with no answer(surprise). Contacted through email and will see what they pull out of their butts on monday. Apexhandguards? Seems like they're pretty high speed with knowing their dinosaur .308 recievers. anyone ever heard/purchased these before? quality worth the price?

I'd go with a straight tube, and no top rail... are you using sights? Are you using night vision or thermal imaging? There's really no reason for the forward top rail other than those three.

A slim tube from Apex or Lancer and a few short rails to mount misc items as needed.

Even if you did want to use a front sight, you could just as easily get a VLTOR or PRI flip-up tower sight gas block instead of a mounted BUIS.

The thought has crossed my mind but, if I was going for the hunting rifle look with a tube I would've just bought a completed rifle. No fun burning cash if it doesn't look pretty. By the way checked out ares armor and that would fit the look, going to do some research and see if I can dig up something a tad bit longer. Appreciate the help guys

The thought has crossed my mind but, if I was going for the hunting rifle look with a tube I would've just bought a completed rifle. No fun burning cash if it doesn't look pretty. By the way checked out ares armor and that would fit the look, going to do some research and see if I can dig up something a tad bit longer. Appreciate the help guys