• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

60th Anniversary AR-10

Just got an email about a 60th anniversary edition of the AR-10, clicked the link on the email but didn't find any info on the web site???? Email says to click here and order, there will only be 60 of them made.

60th.thumb.jpg.3bc0cae6e5750a08529001e5f

60th_spec.thumb.jpg.1726777173c404cdbc82

EDIT:

Found it'

https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10t-60th-anniversary-edition/

$1799.....damn tempting.........

Edited by jtallen83

Would have been awesome if they put the charging handle on top

That would be the cat's meow, but it wouldn't work with the removable carry handle.

I think I remember (Westrom's) Armalite making some AR-10s with the charging handle on top right after they started the business, but maybe it was just a picture on their website.

That would be the cat's meow, but it wouldn't work with the removable carry handle.

I think I remember (Westrom's) Armalite making some AR-10s with the charging handle on top right after they started the business, but maybe it was just a picture on their website.

I found this on the FAL forum, and it jives with my memory of that time:

The current "Armalite" company did a retro called the AR-10b, about 12 or so years ago. Sudanese style handguards , trigger charged in the carry handle, brown furniture. I've got one, it's a fun rifle. They turn up used occasionally. Even has the Pegasus rollmarked lower receiver.

Looks like Armalite recycled some extra AR10T barrels and front free floating hand guards, some NM detachable carry handles, and other spare pieces they had laying around to make a commerative rifle. Not necessairily bad, but not a real accurate replica of the original. But It will shoot well, no doubt. $1799 for any AR10 T is a decent price and worth it.