• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Offset red dot.

Sisco

Any one ever try setting up a 45 degree offset red dot? I have seen some pics of them in 3 gun matches. I currently have 45 degree of set BUIS. Dont really like it, as the front sight snags on everything. Thinking maybe a mini red dot might work better for back up. As I have two sizeable scopes on my 308 AR's. Any thoughts? And yes, I will follow the rule if necessary.

Used a few like that. Had my little armasite reflex on my 18" 308 and a PA reflex on a scoped AR. cool setup and very functional. Just sort of roll the gun in and it's right there. Probably faster to acquire than lining up irons. If funds were unlimited, I'd probably go with the RMR that doesn't use batteries so it's always on.

Going with an offset on my AR10 rifle. The AR10T carbine has a Burris one piece scope mount with rails on the rings, so I will put a mini dot like the fast fire up there. Will post pics in a couple of days. Thanks again guys. Part of the problem is I am a lefty and my son is right handed, so I have to chose which one to set it up for.

That would work, but I might end up like this guy if I had to choose between three optics. I decided I am going to set it up for my son. Because of a lens deformity I have to adjust the scope differently than he does, so I leave it for him to shoot most the time. 

image.jpeg

Wouldn't  the 75 and 100 yd zeros be pretty much on top of each other? I had mine zerod at 50 on the 5.56 gun.

I had one of those Warne mounts. Very cool little mount and worked well. My PA reflex was a little low and the scope I was using had big target knobs, to the win knob interfered a little with the window, but not enough to obscure the target.

Edited by blue109

Wouldn't  the 75 and 100 yd zeros be pretty much on top of each other? I had mine zerod at 50 on the 5.56 gun.

I had one of those Warne mounts. Very cool little mount and worked well. My PA reflex was a little low and the scope I was using had big target knobs, to the win knob interfered a little with the window, but not enough to obscure the target.

You might be right, But then I might extend my scope zero out to 200 yards. At 100, I find the red dot (or in this case, green dot) pretty accurate. I will have to play around with it a bit

Just seemed easier to align everything with the longer eye relief. Just roll the gun and it was right there. No hunting around for the dot like I sometimes would have to do with it at the rear of the rail. That RDS was cowitness  height, so a sight with a short base like a FF might not work without a riser.

Just seemed easier to align everything with the longer eye relief. Just roll the gun and it was right there. No hunting around for the dot like I sometimes would have to do with it at the rear of the rail. That RDS was cowitness  height, so a sight with a short base like a FF might not work without a riser.

I'll play with it I can pick it up pretty quick where it's at (there is about a 1/2 thick block to mount it to the 45* tho if that's what you mean by riser.) one thing I like about it there is it seems alittle protected I'll play with it tho ? maybe I'll try putting it on the front side the scope instead the rear see how I like it there

Worth a shot at least. Doesn't hurt to look. Here's the same gun with my PA reflex. It worked, but I didn't like it as much. It sat a little low and I had to adjust my cheek position. The other one was perfect and didn't require me to move my head at all. My phone is being slow so sorry if this posts 5 times lolyeA.thumb.jpg.3efc3de8d686e5f465d3e242bc