• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hog hunting pics

texas30cal

It sounds like a hell of a good time, I have a open invitation to go but haven't been able to. They hunt with one of the girls that was on the American hoggers show:))). Yes all are caught live, sometimes they split them with the landowner if he wants. The rest get sold and sent overseas for meat ( prob sent back here as domesticated pork). I have a good friend who works a a nearby prison, they are on the brazos river and the neighbor to the prison had to make a choice, get rid of the cows or the hogs. They brought in a helicopter and shot over 400 hogs from it two weekends in a row! It's a BAD problem here.

Edited by texas30cal
Typo

So what are they doing with the hogs, caught live? take them to a meat processor ? or pen them and corn feed them?

I've only had it once or twice, it was good. They ship them overseas alive I think

Correct.  My Dad was looking into trapping them in W. Texas, after he found out what Europeans pay for "organic wild American hogs".  Crazy prices per pound.  Definately not the warehouse raised prices you see at Costco.

Correct.  My Dad was looking into trapping them in W. Texas, after he found out what Europeans pay for "organic wild American hogs".  Crazy prices per pound.  Definately not the warehouse raised prices you see at Costco.

that's crazy you'd think there would be all kinds of red tape and shit for doing so, oh wait that's only coming into the US

that's crazy you'd think there would be all kinds of red tape and poop for doing so, oh wait that's only coming into the US

From what he said going into Europe as well:  tested for antibiotics, hormones, diseases, etc.

DO NOT mess with the Schweinbraten!!

In fact, my guess is that when mooselimbs start demanding Germans eat made from turkey pork-substitues, they will have awakened a sleeping giant.

From what he said going into Europe as well:  tested for antibiotics, hormones, diseases, etc.

DO NOT mess with the Schweinbraten!!

In fact, my guess is that when mooselimbs start demanding Germans eat made from turkey pork-substitues, they will have awakened a sleeping giant.

no eat my veiner schnitzel and spazel  ?!? To the death camps with you moos limbs!!!

We ate in a Crackerbarrel in Killeene Texas, today,  near Fort Hood ,you know that is where we had a  "workplace shooting"  by an Army Muslim shrink and they had pork, ham, pork chops, bacon, on the menu and antique PORK signs all over the walls. Saw a lot of short hair, and shaved heads, old retired Army farts, several from the Nam era (long white haired dudes). But would you believe not a muslin sheet head or sheet wrapped female person at all.

Edited by mrmackc

• 1 month later...

maybe the Mountain Oysters will grow hair on your chest? 

I wonder how many generations of hogs these are since they were domestic hogs?

It looks like some of these balls would fit on Washes new fangled automatic meat smoker?

Maybe you would need to soak them in a pan of salt water for a couple of days before putting them on the smoker

Edited by mrmackc

It looks like some of these balls would fit on Washes new fangled automatic meat smoker?

Maybe you would need to soak them in a pan of salt water for a couple of days before putting them on the smoker

it's said that a "farm pig" in the wild will evolve into a feral hog in 7 mo grow hair and tusks and their snouts will protrude.

Mrmac....ill put em the smoker...but you gotta take off the hair       Wash

Mrmac....ill put em the smoker...but you gotta take off the hair       Wash

well Wash, I have watched my dad and locals where I was raised harvest mountain oysters from young hogs and cook them up when they were fresh and as I remember they were delishous. There are not any hair on them . Just open the ballbag lenghwise, pull them out clip off the cord and toss them in a bucket of water, slop on some strong tar like ointment on the wound , let the pig loose in the pig pen and I suppose he tells hls litter mates about his operation.