• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wolf gold 223 problem.

blue109

Built an AR for another friend last weekend. I've been through about 1k rounds of wolf gold 223 with no issue so when he asked me about it I had no trouble recommending it for plinking ammo. He called me from the range with all sorts of feed problems. Wouldn't get through more than 5 rounds. Finally had the elusive round ABOVE the carrier jam and called it a day. Looking at his ammo and there is something very wrong with it. The bullet looked larger than anything I put it next to, including green tip, 75gr tap,and 77gr otm. Some of the cases even looked slightly larger, like they were swollen.  Factory sealed boxes of wolf gold 55gr from ammunition depot.

Everything in the gun looked ok, so he went back out with some federal 55gr and the gun ran like butter. Ammunition depot is swapping His remaining ammo out for some PMC so good customer service on them.

IMG957810.jpg

You have to pull the projectile out and measure it !

Weight , diameter and length.

Yup .  Weigh it also & the Powder Charge & weigh empty the case & take some measurements also  (With or with out the Primer ) , I think that should do it , for those with a need to know .?

Edited by survivalshop