• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele SSA trigger

survivalshop

I see the other thread was old, so I will start a new one on the trigger I just got .

I am going to put it in my 20" 308 & we will see how she does. Now I have a trigger set up for my 300BLK lower (from the 20"308 of course )

And I still have three test samples from Imschur to finish off . Just took me long enough to pick a system .

Man , is this trigger is sweet ! I may have to get a couple more.

I still will be sending my trigger I just put in the POF gen.II lower for the 300BLK to Bill Springfield for his work .

Bill does fantastic work ,but this Geissele is some thing else . The price keeps me from putting this trigger in all my AR's .

I will put one in my other AR 308 .

It took me almost two years to pick a trigger & I'm satisfied I made the right choice .

I should of took photo's of the process ,but there's not much to swapping out triggers & hammers.

LH1728.jpg

I've been wanting one of these triggers for a pretty long time, even though I'm hooked on the Jard triggers.  <dontknow>

I've got a Super 3 Gun (S3G) on the way, and it should be at my doorstep next Wednesday.  I'll shoot it next Sunday.  Can't wait to try it out.  <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to try the SSA trigger out today & its very impressive . Crisp,clean & I have to get some trigger time with it .

I'm so used to the gritty ,long 10# pull of std. AR trigger systems ,I was not ,how can I say, ready for how smooth & crisp it broke .

And what made my shooting experience more fun ,I brought two AR 308's & forgot to bring even one mag!!!!!!    Not like me at all .

Needless to say ,it made a very short range session , but I did test fire an old .22 ,I repaired for a friend & it worked fine ,so not a total loss.

I went on a trip once got to the destination only to find I forgot the key to the trigger locks

Man ,now that sucks . At least I got to bust some caps .

I would hate to fight in a war ,loading a AR 308 , loading one rd. at a time , my big fingers are not meant to be put in those kinds of places .

• 2 weeks later...

I want to put that trigger in my DPMS that hasn't arrived yet. I would like to go ahead and order one, but I see there are two different pin sizes on the Geissele site and it didn't say which one was for what. I found this one at Brownell's. Is this the one I need to get?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31960/Product/AR_15_M16_AR_STYLE__308_HI_SPEED_SSA_SSF_TRIGGER

That looks like a Rock River trigger...what's the difference? Is it adjustable?? Single or two stage? I've got a couple RR's in my rifles...with a little stoning they're fantastic,  but not adjustable ....gotta be careful not to go too far...price is the big plus on them. $90-100 at gun show...

I want to put that trigger in my DPMS that hasn't arrived yet. I would like to go ahead and order one, but I see there are two different pin sizes on the Geissele site and it didn't say which one was for what. I found this one at Brownell's. Is this the one I need to get?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31960/Product/AR_15_M16_AR_STYLE__308_HI_SPEED_SSA_SSF_TRIGGER

The 0.154 is what DPMS types will use , pretty much std for any thing but, Colt rifles .

• 1 month later...