• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Adams arms ar 10 Not cycling/short stroking

Azazel

Yeah after the first two rounds, everything worked fine for the session.fired every time. I have been using rem oil and similar brands. But I might swap over to synthetic(Especially for this one). I might be over oiling this firearm causing some clogging somewhere for the gas feed? This is my first ar platform that is not DI. 

17 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Yeah after the first two rounds, everything worked fine for the session.fired every time. I have been using rem oil and similar brands. But I might swap over to synthetic(Especially for this one). I might be over oiling this firearm causing some clogging somewhere for the gas feed? This is my first ar platform that is not DI. 

yea I would give it a try makes sense you fire off 15-20 round and you "use up" all your lube. I had the same issue with my .556 gun but it seemed like no matter how wet she'd jam up on me. Ended up getting a ares BCG that was coated to make it slide and I haven't had an issue since.

5 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Guys I talked to,during Gulf War never cleaned gas tube.Gas blows out,no suction.I could be wrong.

And I doubt those goat fuckers clean their AK's (piston gun) and they're shooting dirty ass ammo. I don't think your going to clog it with 50 rounds maybe 50,000.

Edited by shepp

Those are the directions for cleaning my 716 piston, wipe off all the lube from the piston system after cleaning otherwise it turns it to sludge or carbon and fouls up the works. Not a direct quote but the general idea.......  damned jam-o-matic 716 still won't eject every time................. 

• 5 months later...

I'm going to jump on this train knowing it's an old thread but I have kinda the same issue. Brand new build. It will eject every fired case but will not pick up the next round and will not, has never, locked the bolt back on an empty magazine. Just installed an adjustable gas block and went from 2 turns out to almost 5, which later I found out after 4 is useless. I've tried 3 different magazines, Hornady, Remington, Winchester, and Federal ammo, and today used some loads I had made up for it, Hornady cases, 168SMK 39.9gr Varget. Still the same result. Changed buffer spring and tried adjusting gas block again, no change. I ordered a JP Silent Capture Spring Buffer today, Hoping, but skeptical. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.