• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele super dynamic 3 gun

Jgun

I picked up a lower to build so that I don't have to swap my 300 BLK upper onto the lower of one of my other AR's. I don't know if it will end up that being used for that purpose but I have built the upper with 3 gun matches in mind. It has a light weight barrel, longer than I would usually go for, and I have ordered a Young mfg super light weight BCG. So, I'm trying to decide on a trigger for the dedicated 300 comp lower. I have a number of the ATC triggers in other AR's and can say nothing bad about them (except price). I also have a light pull, adjustable Jard single stage that I bought from a member (thanks bandit 10-4) that I really like, especially the price. But I've never put a Geissele in any AR I've built. I have tried them, but not the  Super dynamic 3 gun (what an obnoxious name) I always feel cramped with the trigger location on an AR and thought the straight trigger might help that. I'm thinking about trying one and was wondering if anyone has installed one or tried it? I think they have the combat and the enhanced. I was thinking about the enhanced. Any info is appreciated.

That new lower group I just got has the Super 3 Gun in it (S3G), and from what I understand it's identical to the SD3G but with the traditional curved trigger.  That S3G is amazing, man.  <thumbsup>

I've seen quite a few people's feedback on the straight trigger, and most of them really, really like it.  I wouldn't mind trying one myself, but that would mean another rifle build for me.  :o

At this point, it would be worth a chance, based on what I've seen others say about it.  I can definitely tell you the S3G is incredibly nice.  Hell, I like that S3G enough that I'd buy that SD3G from you if you didn't like it.  I'm always up for another build anyway.  <dontknow> <laughs>

You know your not fooling anyone here with that offer, Your just looking for an excuse to build another one. If not the trigger your going to find some other "logical" reason to justify it, LOL. Based on your endorsment I plan to try it out. Thanks for the input. I just got an email that my BCG should be here tomorrow, and JP says the spring will be here before the weekend, So, work, weather, and wife willing, I hope to be able to try out my 300 upper this coming weekend.

On a trigger related subject. I have heard about the reasons for using the anti rotation hammer and trigger pins. I like the KNS gen 2. But this is my question, I have not put enough rds through any of my AR's for pin hole wear in the lower to be an issue (yet) but I thought I'd see what the general consensus is. I have heard that on a FA gun there is a real potential for wear from the hammer. and have in the past installed them on my AR's that have triggers/hammers that actually pivot on these pins, and I have seen lowers that have steel inserts in the pin holes. Have any of you guys actually had lowers where these holes actually got sloppy over time? Just wondering if I should go to the trouble of getting a set to use with the Geissele SD3G I'm planning to buy?

starting with the trigger  <lmao> <munch>

Hell, much smaller parts than that have forced me into a full build before...  :o <lmao>

Jgun, I figured I'd push you over the edge with the offer, because I think you'll really like that trigger, and it leaves you an option to not eat $230 in the case that you don't like it.  For me, it's a form of "recovery," in some way...  ;D  If I can start leaving the smaller parts alone, and only feel the impluse to build by having larger parts sitting without a home, then I'd be doing better...  <laughs>

• 3 months later...

Robocop,

I recently installed one in my 300BLK build. I know that's not 7.62X51, and is built on the AR 15 platform, but since it's a multi piece 2 pin trigger set and not a one piece drop in module, I would expect it to work for you. I, also am a fan of flat triggers for rifles as well as pistols. when I spoke to Geiselle, they told me that they use the same hammer spring in all their triggers to assure reliable ignition. Although there is no military 300 ammo to test it with, I'd be willing to bet that it would function fine in your application, even if you use  military ammo. My impression of the trigger is that it's a good product with a real short reset and clean break. This trigger is preset and non adjustable at 3.5lbs. I found that compared to my SR gold and the Jard 2lb in my .308 guns, the Geiselle has a noticably heavier pull. That is also the concensus amoung my friends that have tried it. If your seeking a super light trigger pull, you might want to consider one of the other Geiselle's. Of course you won't get the flat trigger with any of them. I'm not trying to disuade you on this, and after having bought and installed mine, I think I'd buy it again if I had it to do over, I just wanted to let you know that it's not a super light target trigger.

I have the Geiselle SSA in my 20" 308 & it is an awesome trigger.

I dropped to 1/2 " MOA with it .

I have never had a true two stage trigger , but this one ,  the first stage is like you are taking up slack & the second stage breaks like glass.

Its nice you can hold the first stage , while making sure the sight is dead on & steady.

Thanks guys... I decided to make a $150 gamble. If I can't do what I'm planning, then I'll go with the Geiselle.

I looked at my CMC trigger and I figured out how to disassemble the module. Pop a few screws, and a little time with a sanding/honing stone... I think I will be able to get my trigger to fit.

What's the worst that can happen? I'm out a trigger??? I needed a new one anyways. I knew this was going to be custom work when I started. No point in cutting corners now. Hope to have good news for you all by this weekend.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone used one, or heard of one used, in a 308? Ever since my CMC failed to fit, I'm torn on which trigger to get. The Geiselle SSA (or the more expensive Hi-Speed DMR) looks good, but I really like the flat trigger on the SD series.

Im using the ssa enhanced in one of my 308 mega builds....save your money.....its no better than my rr nm triggers....the candy cane ice type break that they tout is gibberish in a blindfold test against 3 of my ar's with rr triggers no one could tell the difference <dontknow>  Wash

I actually got my CMC to fit. I had fit the module housing to the inside of the receiver. The hammer was still rubbing the inner wall though. I used a fine grit rotary bit and took off a patch approx 1/4"x1/4". After about 3 or 4 'fit-test-repeat' I had enough clearance. I re-blacked the inside and it works great!

The CMC trigger module wasn't all that hard to disassemble. I'm thinking about maybe tuning it a little more now that I know how to take it apart.