• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CZ 455

Toolndie7

Ive been reading about taking the cheapest 455 you can find and parting out the barrel and stock, (maybe a 22 mag or 17hmr barrel for others to have a change out.)

Keep the remaining receiver and new found cash from selling parts and then bolt up a lilja barrel and aftermarket stock (possibly a manners) and you would basically have a precision trainer model with a nice barrel for less money in the long run.  Anybody pull this off?

Hmmmmm....

CZ452 or CZ455 new for $399 plus tax in either 22lr or .17hmr.

It you could find a used one cheap ,like a 22lr barrel rifle it would be a perfect donor for that barrel liner .17pmc gun.

I know the local CZ dealer, might get a deal on something in the future.

download (7).jpg

I'v got a 455. Came with the 22lr bbl and a 17 hmr bbl.    Bought a 22 mag bbl just to complete the set,   So far, I'v never removed the 22 bbl.  Haven't really tried it for accuracy but several brands of ammo shot under 1" at 50 yards.

So far, I'm happy with it the way it is.

OH!   I put a Nickon 3-9 22 scope on it.   Great light gathering!

Respectfully

Terry

Most seem to report that they shoot excellent right out of the box. But of course I cant leave anything alone I have to molest it lol  Also apparently because of the way the barrel attaches to the receiver this setup really benefits from being fully bedded all the way down the barrel. I'll probably end up with the final result we'll just see what road I take to get there.  Thanks for the input

was at the LGS friday and there was 1 left at his supplier. Got a 455 training rifle for $300 new will be closer to $200 in exchange for a barrel thread job.

cz-usa-cz-455-training-rifle-500x333.png

I also ordered a 21" Lilja bull barrel. Now ive been lusting for a Klinsky stock but Im gonna atleast wait til i get this thing in my hands first.

stock looks like this (NOT MY PIC)

6814582755_89435b1c6b_b.jpg

Got my 455 last weekend and took it to the range after work today.  I had mounted up a Bushnell 4-16x40 and wanted to dial it in and get some trigger time.  It was definitely a pleasure to shoot. Ill have to order a few different types of ammo to try and see what groups best but I'm not gonna do that until I get the Lilja barrel mounted up and bedded in the new stock. Im just plinking some cheap ammo through the stock barrel for now.

Also finally heard back from Klinsky stocks in the Czech Republic about purchasing this stock. $260 shipped to my door. I think thats pretty reasonable.

1 hour ago, Toolndie7 said:

Also finally heard back from Klinsky stocks in the Czech Republic about purchasing this stock. $260 shipped to my door. I think thats pretty reasonable.

That certainly seems reasonable!  Try getting a similar stock made here for that.  Ain't gonna happen!

Ive got a Harris bi-pod and a cheap 4-16x40 on the factory rifle while I wait for the new stock. Its been shooting pretty well with crappy ammo so I suppose I should order the good stuff, now that the pieces are coming together.  Ive got the Lilja barrel in hand but I dont want to swap it out until Ive got something to put it in cause theres no way in hell a .900" diam barrel is gonna fit in the CZ stock!

Oh yeah, and a 10round mag! cant get used to these 5rnd shenanigans.

Edited by Toolndie7

• 4 weeks later...

Coming together nicely.  Received my stock direct from the Czech Republic in about a week and a half. Very impressed with the wood and workmanship. Pay no mind to the shim under the adjustable comb. It comes with a filler plate but I am experimenting with the proper height for me and once that's determined  I will machine a proper piece.  I had a piece of pic rail under the fore end for a quick release bipod but I just took it off as I've been shooting it off a bag recently. Groups are 5 shots @50yds with a slight wind. I am waiting for a trigger to come back in stock and then I will bed the action and most likely the first inch or two of the barrel. So far it has been a real blast to shoot.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to get this rifle bedded before the holiday weekend. I got the pillars in first and then cleared out the stock and then bedded the whole action. It came out really well and seemed to improve my grouping as long as I do my part. The white you see in the stock picture is clay to dam the epoxy from holes and such. Still running the stock trigger for now.

Targets @ 50yds

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0166.PNG

Edited by Toolndie7