• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brother's in the deep south check in !

MikedaddyH

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Road marked closed and idiots still drive through. WTF

That's why Arizona passed the "Stupid Motorist Law".  People see a wash or river running (for once), think "It's only a foot deep," then cross and realize that shifting sand getting pushed by mud water is a different animal than clear water over a bed of rocks.

The law requires them to be billed the full cost of their rescue.  Fire engine and ambulance responses are fricken expensive!

On August 14, 2016 at 8:48 AM, shepp said:

My buddy is n the chiktfau (sp) river think he's west of Baton Rouge now. he was flooded out for a week this spring and she's a rising again.!

Tickfaw river edict

still haven't heard from him, last spring he was sending me all kinds of pictures, I'm sure he's fine but makes me wonder 

The weekend started out the same as too many weekends down here this year... rain. Daughter's volleyball tournament was rained out Friday as teams couldn't get here. Couldn't get to the range, but at least I didn't have to cut the lawn. Sunday, rains kept coming. We went to Mass at 7AM, on the drive home 18-wheelers were backed up on the entrance ramps for about a mile, with police cordoning off the interstate. Everything west to Baton Rouge was closed, with pockets of drivers stranded the entire way on "islands" on the interstate. The rivers may have crested by mid-morning today. Hope so.

The wife works for Acadian Ambulance, She’s the needle pusher (EMT) on the truck.   She is stationed in Amite.   Last night that got a medical call.   The location of the call was high and dry, but it was like an island completely surrounded by water.   They ended up using three different types of transportation it get there.   Started with the Ambulance, next Guard Truck then airboat.

Wolf