• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Body Armor Special - Official 308AR Sales Page

Greetings all!

Below you will find the new, ongoing, 308AR forum members body armor deal page. This is for our super light Resister-3 kit. 

I will have the Resister-4 series kits available again soon. I will post that sales page link here soon. 

http://outerarmortactical.com/products/308ar-forum-special-on-exodefense-r3-armor-kit

I got my vest delivered the other day and can say that it weighs less than a pair of jeans would if you were in the water.  It is incredibly light relative to what I would have expected.  I will say to take my opinions with reservation since I am neither ex-military nor ex-LEO so I have no prior experience with body armor.

I will say that customer service was excellent and delivery was exactly when expected.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I got my vest delivered the other day and can say that it weighs less than a pair of jeans would if you were in the water.  It is incredibly light relative to what I would have expected.  I will say to take my opinions with reservation since I am neither ex-military nor ex-LEO so I have no prior experience with body armor.

I will say that customer service was excellent and delivery was exactly when expected.

Ugh I need to get rid of my ar500 plates and get some

On 9/17/2016 at 1:02 AM, sketch said:

Thats a great looking product do you have any testing video? 

What does neutrally buoyant mean? 

Thanks RB/ sketch

Hey Sketch,  no I do not have a shoot vid yet, but I can see that the You tube generation is going to force me to shoot at a plate that no one can prove will be the plate that they are buying...lol   But I will soon anyway. 

R

22 hours ago, shepp said:

Ugh I need to get rid of my ar500 plates and get some

Yes,  wearing steel targets as body armor is not the best of ideas. The upside is you will have two great targets to shoot at. Just don't do the same morally deficient thing that was done to you, and go selling them to someone else as body armor. 

Edited by MechArmor Defense Systems

24 minutes ago, MechArmor Defense Systems said:

Yes,  wearing steel targets as body armor is not the best of ideas. The upside is you will have two great targets to shoot at. Just don't do the same morally deficient thing that was done to you, and go selling them to someone else as body armor. 

Pretty expensive targets ? Do you guys sell just the plates?

34 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

What is the warranty on the plates? and how do they do standing up to moisture, since you will be sweating constantly and there is always the chance of having to take a plunge into a river on missions?

Hey there,  the industry warranty std is 5 yrs, however, many mfgs are moving that up to 10 yrs now because of the nature of new materials. The Polyethylene plates for sure are not affected by moisture or heat at all. At least not any heat you will be able to exert on them and live through it.The Lev-III being neutrally buoyant plates will also aid if you happen to take a plunge. As well, I always suggest adding the foam or Gel-foam trauma pads behind the plates for the obvious reasons, which also keeps any body fluids away from the plates in case moisture was an issue for certain plates that you may be using currently. Or Lev-II or 3A soft armor behind the plates which is what I personally do. 

R

Thank you.

Trauma pads aren't a problem for me as I wear a level IIIA vest so the plates would be thrown over my uniform if there was an active shooter or other possibly dangerous situation. And water really is only a problem for me because I live and work in a swampy area and would hate for extended exposure to water to possibly affect the structural integrity... plus I am lazy and don't want to have to dry them out or clean them off. lol.

Do you guys offer different options for plate carriers? And do the plates come in different sizes? Also I was wondering, what is the width of the different levels of your plates?

Thank you.

Trauma pads aren't a problem for me as I wear a level IIIA vest so the plates would be thrown over my uniform if there was an active shooter or other possibly dangerous situation. And water really is only a problem for me because I live and work in a swampy area and would hate for extended exposure to water to possibly affect the structural integrity... plus I am lazy and don't want to have to dry them out or clean them off. lol.

Do you guys offer different options for plate carriers? And do the plates come in different sizes? Also I was wondering, what is the width of the different levels of your plates?

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Thank you.

Yup, for me thats the way to go, Lev 3A under the plates.  At the moment I only have the one style plate carrier because I found it works best for most people. There are many others to choose from, but their price in most cases goes right over the top, for me anyway. All it has to do is hold plates and exterior kit and be comfortable. And they really dont need to cost 350.00 each!  I can and will make the plates in one larger size up, but the cost to you goes way up. For now, I am only working with the 10"x12" size to keep the cost to buyer down. 

Width??  Do you mean thickness?  If so, the Lev 3 is 0.74" thick and the Lev 4 is 0.85"

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:18 AM, MechArmor Defense Systems said:

I can and will make the plates in one larger size up, but the cost to you goes way up. For now, I am only working with the 10"x12" size to keep the cost to buyer down. 

I actually meant smaller. lol. I'm kinda a little guy. In the army I wore smalls that were approximately 8x10.

And yes I meant thickness. lol.

What about colors for the plate carrier? or is there just one color?

On 9/25/2016 at 0:24 AM, ARTrooper said:

I actually meant smaller. lol. I'm kinda a little guy. In the army I wore smalls that were approximately 8x10.

And yes I meant thickness. lol.

What about colors for the plate carrier? or is there just one color?

Hey again,  8x10 is too small unless you are smaller and skinnier than my 13 yr old son who can hide behind a sapling..lol  I have him using the same vest and plates and they fit him great.  I know they say these plates are only there to protect your vital organs, but i still consider the right and left sides of my lungs vital. 

As for the plate carriers, I am only showing the tan and green, but I am also now having them made in Blk and Multi-cam. The multi-cam is always more spendy though. 

http://outerarmortactical.com/collections/armor-accessories/products/tactical-molle-plate-carrier-vest

• 2 months later...

Hey all,  I have 7 full Level-3 vest kits left from my last batch that I am offering as a blow-out Holiday Special for $575.00 each! Until they are gone.  I may also have a few of my new lighter Level-4 kits left over at that same price; check with me for the Lev-4 kit availability before ordering.  Here is the new Level-3 Sales link:

https://outerarmortactical.com/products/snipers-hide-forum-special-on-exodefense-r3-armor-kit

Happy Holidays!

Rick