• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rant , Wildgame Inovations Feeder

survivalshop

If anyone here has a Wildgame innovations Feeder & it breaks , good luck with those imbeciles . I have a 40 gal. Direct Shot feeder that had a small Steel Paddle that distributes the Corn & it got a crack in it & started to jam . Well they sent me a RA # & cost me $20 to send it back to Texas & they sent me another new Timer/feeder back in about two weeks or so to replace it , well it didn't work at all from the get go , so I emailed the same guy back & told him the issue . 

The paddle would start , but the feeder wheel would not & show "OPEN " on the display , well great , I had a spare timer & it didn't make a difference , so they tell me that rechargeable battery that was just working fine in then I sent back, was not the right one for this feeder , even though it worked fine in the other same feeder , so I go out & spend $ 15 on a new hot shot Battery , their brand & got the same message , WTF .

I emailed the same POS back said throwing $$ at the feeder didn't work & he was going to issue me another RA # & thats when I said BS < you sent me a bad unit , why should I pay to send it back , after a few min. ( he must have talked to someone ) he emailed me back & said I would have a return paid label in 7-10 working days , well its been much longer then that , so I emailed him back & no response , so I called them & all this butthead did was take my name & number for them to check it out .

What a worthless Company , he said no parts were available , WTF , it looked like a $5 part was all that was wrong with the one I sent back , wish I had kept it & made a new paddle for it . So after a year your on your own , because they want you to buy a new one , because they don't make parts for them , I can see replacement motors for some Feeders on line , but thats about it , what a racket .

Ok I feel so much better now , but you have been warned :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

It has taken almost three weeks to get them to send me a return shipping label , numerous emails & finally a call to Customer unservice , I gave the second bad Feeder to UPS on Friday , can't wait to see how their replacement works.

I will not be buying their product agin & will most likely repair anything that goes wrong with this one , in the future .      

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made my own feeder paddle & its been working for about a week with out a Jam , something the originals never did . It seems to throw it farther out also . I made a pattern & marked it out on some galvanized  Sheet metal I have laying around , cut it out with my Dremel Tool ( Robocop would be proud ) & bent it on my Vice , centered a hole for the screw & checked balance like I do for my Drone prop's & away its been going . 

I think I made the tolerances a little tighter & no Corn has jammed yet . Now lets see how long it works :thumbup:

Edited by survivalshop

9 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Wasn't it YOU who said people should be required to have a license to own a Dremmel??

Honestly though... worlds greatest invention!!!

It could have been :lmao: 
 I agree , its a hand held Lathe & Milling Machine in one , if used correctly :thumbup:

Spell check sucks !

Got a hell of a Jam last night , had to take it apart to get that small kernel out & I bent the Paddle doing so , so had to reset it & its back working now . Seems small tapered kernels are the down fall of this Paddle , I need to make my next prototype with less of a gap between the Paddle & housing .Still that went for quit a while with out a Jam , I think I'm on to something , because the other Factory one would have cracked & been useless to reuse .