• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

XH buffer and spring

308kiwi

Hey guys, I know this is a 'non brand specific' section but I couldn’t figure were else to post this query.

I just received my new Slash's XH 308 rifle length buffer along with the matched spring that they supply, it looks the goods, no doubt, but I was surprised to see that it is solid, IE no sliding weights in it, I'm sure some of you guys will be running these, is there any issue with bolt bounce running this buffer without the reciprocating weights? or is it in combo with the correct spring heavy enough to stop this happening.

I'm not concerned about bolt bounce in FA as the rifle is and always will be semi, but I don't want the thing going into battery then trying to momentarily unlock every time it cycles.

Cheers for any input :-)

8 hours ago, washguy said:

Don't whirl it     Shoot it   :fullauto:  Wash

I've heard you tell stories about whirling your gun around, though.

Waaaaaaaaait a minute...   What "gun" were you talking about?...  :lmao:

On 6/1/2017 at 0:56 PM, Robocop1051 said:

I have the 10 oz version in mine. The heavens open, and angels sing, every time I pull the trigger. 

Despite what Clint says, I still use a Tubb flat wire spring. Clint supplies Armalite AR-10 springs. 

never used an  Armalite buffer spring, Tubbs Flat wire springs are so smooth I will stick with them, not a bad price either.  I don't shoot enough to wear out one in a monkeys lifetime.

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I've heard you tell stories about whirling your gun around, though.

Waaaaaaaaait a minute...   What "gun" were you talking about?...  :lmao:

Been there,.... done that,...... March 1960......... MCRD.

Another vote for the Tubb's spring. I don't have one paired with a heavy buffer yet but do run one in a 300BO and one in a 308 AR carbine and have had good results, another benefit  besides the long life and extra lock time is how quiet they are compared to standard springs.