• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings

First Sergeant

4 hours ago, First Sergeant said:

Not a POG as well.

There you did it.

Based on your own experience, in your own post about yourself, you are not, nor never were a frontline troop, in any way, fashion, or manner.  Therefore, you cannot deny that you were a POG.  You were...  the whole time. You were in maintenance, maintained aircraft the whole time,and that's about it.

Kunsan AB isn't "remote" at all - I've got 6 years total in the ROK, as an Army guy.  None of my assignments were on the DMZ, so none of my assignments are called "remote" in my records. Your assignments certainly aren't more "remote" than mine, being further south in the country than any of mine were.  Otherwise, I'd have some pretty amazing shiit in my military records.

I'm glad you had 75+ people in your care, and also managed to stay out of jail:

I had 75+ people in my care and a CC I managed to keep out of jail 

At the peak of my real First Sergeant career, in a single company, I had 350 people spread over 4 continents and 3 different combat theaters, with those fuckers holding over $350 million in equipment in their dispersed locations, and had to report to the Pentagon G-2 every friday morning as to their exact disposition, exactly, BY MAN.  I didn't go to jail, either - so we're both winners there. 

You coming on here with your screen name of First Sergeant, in your meager meaning of it, versus my very real experience of what a First Sergeant really is - is insulting.  But hey, you're Air Force, so it's all okay. It's all the same, right?...

It's really not all the same.  You think you're apples and oranges - but you're really apples compared to hammers.  Nothing alike.  However, you made your screen name to make people believe that - tell me you're not proud of your title as "First Sergeant." You made your entire board presence here based off that. 

I can't even recommend something to you, at this point. If I were you, I'd just change my screen name to something else.

4 hours ago, First Sergeant said:

I enlisted in 1984 in aircraft maintenance.

I retired in 2010 with 26 yrs total service.  I'm on IR until 60.

No, you're not on some kind of "IR" until you're 60.  . IRR (Inactive Ready Reserve) is an 8 year initial obligation, from first enlistment, and nothing more. Your max of being recalled back to active duty is 30 years from first enlitsment, and MUST be for a conflict that was not occurring during your initial enlistment - and that shiit sunsetted for you in 2014.  A very prime example for you - AND for me would be something like - war in Afghani-land and Iraq was already ongoing, and so was Horn of Africa, and ALL that was captured under "The Global Was On Terrorism."  Something NEW would have to be declared, and I'm talking BRAND NEW, like a declaration of war on Iran.  Or a straight declaration of war on Syria.  Straight out, declaration of war, on another country, that's brand new from when you were serving.

Once you're out - you are OUT.  That's it.  Unless - you have 30 years of total service, and a brand new conflict is declared. At that point, and ONLY AT THAT POINT, can they recall you. 

Good luck spreading your bullshiit here.  I'm not dealing with it.

It's actually Retired Reserve under AFI36-3209 and yes it would have to be something like you describe in the category of "new"

As far as you being upset about what I used as a screen name for a job I did and n life, I can't help there. I'm not here to compare resumes. Sounds like you did a bang up job and served with distinction. 

Would like to continue to chat but have to go to work. Enjoy your day.