• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings

First Sergeant

Thanks for having me. Albeit not new to AR platform (223/5.56) I recently embarked on an AR308 build. I am currenlty in the trouble shoot phase. I plan on continuing to gather information and have looked here as a guest. If I can properly articulate the questions that are rolling around in my brain pan, I may toss out a post or two to contribute.

Kind regards

Hey, man - you're gonna hop on here and blow out some military credentials with your screen name... so just go on and blow out your military credentials.  Get it over with.

"First Sergeant" doesn't mean too many things, so just spill it already, and get the details of your military background out here.

Okay, well we went around earlier and I'm over it. Even tried to be civil. At any rate, I. An assure you I'm not a stolen valor poser if that's implied. Not a POG as well. 

My OPM info got hacked so WTF 

I enlisted in 1984 in aircraft maintenance. Yeah, I'm a knuckle dragging maintainer. Spent my first tour on the Rock, Okinawa. Had the privilege of maintaining F-4's and 15's. No glory that was Cold War stuff.  

I soent 7 yrs in AZ on A-10's. First FAC OA-10A unit in the AF. We also had OA-37A's and OV-10A Broncos. Earned a trip to Saudi with our FAC unit  

That led me to a remote to Kunsan Korea in an F-16 squadron  

Had some family issues, okay, we lost a kid while I was in Korea.  Long story short, I chose my family first for the first time in 10yrs. 

I loved the military so joined the ANG.  Not your uncles guard. We were a C130 unit with plenty of real world missions.  Supported the desert gig a few times  Did duty in South America, Europe etc. 

My career path was down to staying in maint or moving on. I moved on. I earned the opportunity to be the 1Sgt of the Aircraft Maintenance unit on our Wing. I had 75+ people in my care and a CC I managed to keep out of jail. 

Out of all the jobs I have had in my life. "Shirt" was the best, most rewarding of all. I am proud of how I took care of my people.  I have zero regrets. The fact I used First Sergent here was not meant to offend nor impress anyone. It is/ was a piece of my life I am proud of and have no need for shame or explanation.  

I retired in 2010 with 26 yrs total service.  I'm on IR until 60. Id step up in a heartbeat. My uniforms still fit and I can run and shoot as well as turn a wrench.  I have nothing to be ashamed of.  This is a forum where people talk about their guns, sometimes passionately I understand.  I have respect for that. I also have respect for my brothers and sisters in other branches. I don't and never have played the game. I've seen all services, allies, and enemies bleed on our medi vac HERCS.  I hope this dosent have too many errors. My one weakness is my vision is not as great as it used to be and I can't seem to locate my glasses at the moment. 

I hope this answers your question short of supplying DD214's or such. 

Submitted with respect,

6 minutes ago, First Sergeant said:

Okay, well we went around earlier and I'm over it. Even tried to be civil. At any rate, I. An assure you I'm not a stolen valor poser if that's implied. Not a POG as well. 

My OPM info got hacked so WTF 

I enlisted in 1984 in aircraft maintenance. Yeah, I'm a knuckle dragging maintainer. Spent my first tour on the Rock, Okinawa. Had the privilege of maintaining F-4's and 15's. No glory that was Cold War stuff.  

I soent 7 yrs in AZ on A-10's. First FAC OA-10A unit in the AF. We also had OA-37A's and OV-10A Broncos. Earned a trip to Saudi with our FAC unit  

That led me to a remote to Kunsan Korea in an F-16 squadron  

Had some family issues, okay, we lost a kid while I was in Korea.  Long story short, I chose my family first for the first time in 10yrs. 

I loved the military so joined the ANG.  Not your uncles guard. We were a C130 unit with plenty of real world missions.  Supported the desert gig a few times  Did duty in South America, Europe etc. 

My career path was down to staying in maint or moving on. I moved on. I earned the opportunity to be the 1Sgt of the Aircraft Maintenance unit on our Wing. I had 75+ people in my care and a CC I managed to keep out of jail. 

Out of all the jobs I have had in my life. "Shirt" was the best, most rewarding of all. I am proud of how I took care of my people.  I have zero regrets. The fact I used First Sergent here was not meant to offend nor impress anyone. It is/ was a piece of my life I am proud of and have no need for shame or explanation.  

I retired in 2010 with 26 yrs total service.  I'm on IR until 60. Id step up in a heartbeat. My uniforms still fit and I can run and shoot as well as turn a wrench.  I have nothing to be ashamed of.  This is a forum where people talk about their guns, sometimes passionately I understand.  I have respect for that. I also have respect for my brothers and sisters in other branches. I don't and never have played the game. I've seen all services, allies, and enemies bleed on our medi vac HERCS.  I hope this dosent have too many errors. My one weakness is my vision is not as great as it used to be and I can't seem to locate my glasses at the moment. 

I hope this answers your question short of supplying DD214's or such. 

Submitted with respect,

OV-10A's where's @planeflyer21 calling planeflyer 

thank you for your service, this is a special place we're all family here, sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

Welcome from Wisconsin and thank you for your service. My father was on the ordnance design team on the early F4 prototypes and at the end of his career worked on the projectile design for the 30mm Gau 8 on the A10. Couldn't  talk about it much for obvious reasons. What stage is your build at when you say "trouble shooting"?

Hello Sisco 

Thanks to your Dad and all for the R&D. Good to see pilots come back successsful and alive. 

Thanks for asking anout the build. I think I'm on the right track.  I don't want to go public with it right away as I'm working with a MFG I highly respect. Want to give them a good fair shot first. 

If we collectively figure out, I intended to use it as a general coach able moment to benefit the group. 

Just so you know  - and you DO know - there's a big, big difference from an Air Force honorary position of "First Sergeant" and the Army equivalent.  As well as the Air Force difference in "Master Sergeant" and the Army equivalent.  Like, a whole pay grade.  It's the difference from E-7 to E-8.  What's that called in the Air Force, "Senior Master Sergeant" or something like that?  Then E-9 is Chief Master Sergeant?

Kinda odd to see a guy show up, touting his rank as his screen name, in his intro post. Then the other stuff in the thread I posted to Moriarti.  That was enough, right there. 

Then, you say this:

You now have a new buddy here. I'm your biggest fan.  

Bring it.  Whatever you meant with that, just bring it.  You'll get embarrassed. 

Holy fornicate Balls 

It's not an Honorary position. It's earned  and can be filled in E7,E8, or E9  MSgt, SMsgt, or CMsgt  it servers out purpose and people well 

Its not a rank. Yes! It's different than Army. That was the point since 1947. 

If anyone would look at the first reply for Moriarti, all I said was it was a haul. It is, didn't have any hidden meaning or agenda. 

As far as being your buddy, yeah, I was letting it go. I have no need to play the my branch is better than your branch or my rank is better than yours game.  Yeah, I'm a real party pooper at the Army Navy game.  

We would both be ahead of the game to let it go.  That said, if a screen name pisses you off that bad, I'll do what I can to make it go away so the other members here don't have to deal with this bullpoopy 

11 minutes ago, First Sergeant said:

1.  Holy fornicate Balls 

2.  I Yeah, I'm a real party pooper at the Army Navy game.  

3. We would both be ahead of the game to let it go. 

1.  There you go - on your way out the door.

2.  I'll bet you are.

3.  No, YOU would be ahead of the game to let it go...  Trust me on that...:thumbup: