• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wheeler Engineering Armorers Sight tool

16 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

So if we buy you the adapter, we can send you our slide? ? 

No need for adaptors with the Wheeler Engineering tool . I was going to buy the new Range master from MGW, but all the different adapters ( same as their Sight Pro ) & the fact that it couldn't be used on a lot of 1911 type pistols , like its big $$ Sight Pro , turned me off , that & all the emailed Questions & no answers about that restriction . Plus I needed a sight pusher now , I went with the Wheeler , its probably not the best but has a load of people saying it works fine on every sight they used it on , is why I went with the Wheeler .

This thing is built like a Tank & its going to get a work out this week , both in adj. mounted sights & a complete replacement .

If you want to send your slide across the Country for sight replacement , go for it , i'm in :laffs:

Edited by survivalshop

On 9/3/2017 at 10:12 AM, Sisco said:

Been thinking about one of those. Look forward to hearing more about your using it.

It works pretty good , took some practice to get it all correct for the Push , it also took some light taps of a small ball peen Hammer to get the sight to move or break it loose , but other then that , it was easy .

I put tape on all sides , on the slide sides to protect t it from the Tool & both ends like they show in the instructions to mark the middle of the sight .

DSCN3018.thumb.JPG.55a343dee37574ce49e3cad8f456f070.JPGDSCN3019.thumb.JPG.c747e63b306b6010aff55b559c2d04e8.JPG

DSCN3020.thumb.JPG.5bf27b60c6bbc40e757b923d6c2ec9ff.JPG

The slide on the M&P Shield is so short that the top clamp down was in the middle of the Ejection port . Kinda awkward , but still works as it should have .

DSCN3022.thumb.JPG.8da8f6d5cc5c4334587d556fa7702b65.JPG

Front Sight seemed to twist a little in the Dove tail , had to reset the Slide so the Pusher would straighten out the long fiber optic part of the Sight , but it works out OK .

DSCN3023.thumb.JPG.66815c5e5ae21ac6e89d9b8d0a79cfc7.JPG

Back sight had a Spring loaded base for , I think a Disconnector , I will have to look at the break down of a Shield , I don't really know what it is , the Rear Sight olds it in place or what could be called , Captive . I was going to push the Sight on , Left to Right , but with that Captive Spring assembly , I had to go , Right to Left , so to hold down that Spring loaded component .

DSCN3025.thumb.JPG.712b54e24e8ed84ab767be5f3e5ae277.JPG

DSCN3026.thumb.JPG.20c605db1fd6b9ff1ea7533c56f9b1af.JPG

I will use a Brass Bar or brass head Hammer ( which is what I will do from now on ) to hit the Sight Pusher , their way of taping on it with Pin Punch was almost impossible , with out the Tool in a Vice . Its a work in progress , I had a small Ball Peen Hammer close & my small hand Made one was too small .

DSCN3028.thumb.JPG.342828aa927a18067a3fe6837e7bb3c3.JPG

Now all I have to do is take it to the Range & use a Handgun rest to shoot & see if they need any adjustment .

Before 

DSCN3017.thumb.JPG.68bf032cb5bc334192040cfba944b44e.JPG

After

DSCN3027.thumb.JPG.d950a1e53d32a621cdeb666d5e0e5980.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

21 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Cool! thanks. Any fixed sight pistol almost always shoots 3 inches to the left of the bullseye  at 10 yards for me. It is my eye, not the sights problem. So I could use that on a number of pistols.

I'm telling you , my two new Sigs shoot so far to the left I was missing the Target ,stand & all @ 20 yards . When I compensated & aimed for the right side of the Target , I was hitting the wood post holding the cardboard that the Target was stapled to , with both Sigs , so it could be me, but I've never missed the Target like that , bad eyes , old eyes , all the excuses I can muster , never shot & had a Handgun shoot that far to one side or the other .:lmao:

This tool will fix it , the Pistol shot from a rest will tell me more on what is really going on & I may go to the range tomorrow , ahead of the Hurricane . 

8 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I'm telling you , my two new Sigs shoot so far to the left I was missing the Target ,stand & all @ 20 yards . When I compensated & aimed for the right side of the Target , I was hitting the wood post holding the cardboard that the Target was stapled to , with both Sigs , so it could be me, but I've never missed the Target like that , bad eyes , old eyes , all the excuses I can muster , never shot & had a Handgun shoot that far to one side or the other .:lmao:

This tool will fix it , the Pistol shot from a rest will tell me more on what is really going on & I may go to the range tomorrow , ahead of the Hurricane . 

Watch that hurricane, they never know exactly what they will do. Stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/19/2017 at 6:14 PM, survivalshop said:

I made a slight adjustment to the M&P Shield today at the range , shot from my Pistol rest & this tool is great . I can hit the side of the Barn now :laffs:

So now that you’ve had the tool for a while would you recommend it? I’m looking for something that is fairly universal. I need to adjust the sights on my Shield as well.

• 5 years later...

I wound up going with the MGW Sight Pro. The Wheeler seems decent but the MGW with a shoe should be a bit less likely to have issues. The MGW without a shoe should be about the same as the Wheeler. So if you have a shoe it's a bonus and if you don't you shouldn't be any worse off.

I got the Sight Pro on sale so it wasn't too bad but if you find the Wheeler on sale it can be downright inexpensive. I doubt I'll play 'collect them all' with the shoes since there's about 65 of them or so and at least a couple three are for guns I doubt I'll ever see in the wild much less need to knock sights off or on the gun.

On 2/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, sketch said:

ive only had to use mine once but it was simple enough for me! im waiting to add some nightsights to all my pistols when i stop buying rifles! 

^^^ THIS ^^^ along with my friends and family member's guns.

Who knows I might retire to standing behind a bench in a gunshop doing armory type stuff.