• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mattis ends Fast-Track Citizenship program

98Z5V

Mad Dog put a stop to this.  I can talk about this for hours, and I'll spill some of it around the campfire in a few more weeks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/15/pentagon-revamps-program-that-puts-immigrant-recruits-on-path-to-us-citizenship.html

" Defense Secretary Jim Mattis is revamping a program that puts foreign-born recruits on a fast-track to U.S. citizenship in exchange for military service as doctors, nurses and language experts. "

^^^  That part bolded above was my forte, and my nightmare, during my last 1.5 years in the Army...   It's the primary reason I said Fuk It, and threw paperwork to retire... 

" Mattis made the announcement Friday in regard to the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest, or MAVNI, program, which was halted last year when the Pentagon assessed it did not have proper safeguards in place against potential insider threats, the Military Times reported. "

You guys have no idea how many waves I made, and how many senior motherfuckers I pissed off, by preaching that point exactly.  There were no safeguards, and screening sucked...

Edited by 98Z5V

I have seen a similar issue as 98. Needed help on a job, they sent a person with almost no ability to speak English. Made more work for me, had to do all communication with emails and texts as well as clearing up miscommunications with the contractor. 

I am all for bringing good engineers to work in America, they should be required to know the language as the math though!

I've always been against this fast track. It was originally designed to verify the person will abide by the laws, is a decent person and enough knowledge of the country .. then citizenship. Now days it seems if it isn't done at breakneck speed it isn't worth it. Why ? If they want to be a citizen, as before, isn't it worth the wait ?

I can tell you right now, we had Soldiers IN the Army that didn't even have their green card yet...  Not even legal, in any way.  That was pre-2005.  I lost my shiit when I found that out. 

I kept the proof, too.

If I disappear, edgecrusher knows where it's at...

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I can tell you right now, we had Soldiers IN the Army that didn't even have their green card yet...  Not even legal, in any way.  That was pre-2005.  I lost my shiit when I found that out. 

And that was a republican administration, more proof it is an establishment that is our enemy, not a particular party!