• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Is it possible complete ar308 under 9#

WiDeerHunter

Hi guys new 308ar.com. I'm a heavy equipment operator from Wisconsin 47 years old married. love deer hunting own  my own land and hunt on it longest shot I can take his 125 yards but planning on doing hog hunting in the future down south somewhere. I am looking at building a 308 AR for deer hunting and hog hunting the gun is going to be primarily used by the wife for deer hunting I just want to know is it possible to make a reliable accurate 308 with scope and 5 rounds in a MAG under 9 pounds if so does anybody have a list of parts or am I just better off spending a lot of money and get a gun already built from one of the higher end manufacturer. I customize my Remington 870 for turkey hunting and had an absolute blast doing it spent too much money but I'll have it forever so why not. my budget for this build would be right around 2 Grand without Optics.

Welcome from up north. For hunting you can go with a light barrel which will take a bit of weight off. Might not be as accurate for the third or fouth shot but for hunting that isn’t an issue.  This might be a place to start, or even end.

http://dpms-gii.com/full.html#configurations

Edited by Sisco

27 minutes ago, washguy said:

WIDEER       I cant find the post to you from me....lol     yes you can build one or buy one for that matter    Wash

I gave him the usual “feel free to intro yourself in this section” 

anyone for advice to hunter he’s also got a thread going in the general area thanks