• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Wife Outdid Herself This Christmas - XD Mod. 2

COBrien

My wife rolled her eyes when she saw my Christmas list this year. Jeep parts, Trans Am parts, spotting scope, tools, and, wait. A pistol?

"No way can I get you that," she said. I realized that, and didn't really expect anyone to get it. People don't buy me guns -- I'm too picky, they say.

But if you don't ask, the answer is always no, right? As an extreme stretch, maybe she and her parents would go in halves and call it Christmas/birthday/anniversary/etc. all combined. I'd be totally cool with that.

Christmas day comes, I unwrap pert-near everything I'd put on my list. No pistol, but no problem. It was a shot in the dark anyhow. Then my wife disappears into the guest bedroom, comes back, and drops a black plastic case in my lap that says Springfield Armory on the front. "Are you $hitting me?!" A new Springfield XD Mod. 2, 3.3" .45 ACP. Exactly what I'd asked for.

I know it was a stretch for her to buy that pistol. And that's exactly why I want to build her her dream rifle. Cost be damned.

The best part is she tolerates (sometimes just barely...) my holster habit that goes along with daily carry...

1. Range/IDGAF-if-you-see-it OWB (Blackhawk SERPA)

2. Work/“sensitive place” tuckable IWB (AlienGear Tuck-something-or-other)

3. Cold Weather/I want to be comfortable and IDGAF OWB (DeSantis SOB — Judge all you want. I love SOB carry...)

Edited by COBrien

Alright, alright. 

These are terrible pics (lighting and weird shadows...), but you get the idea. 

I tried copying and pasting PhotoBucket links, but my phone isn’t letting me. Probably the new PB rules mucking things up. So the pics are attached. I have no idea how they will show up, so here goes...

1. What’s in the box. 

2. Flush (9-round) mag inserted. 

3. “Extended” (13-round) mag inserted. 

4. Pearce grip extension on flush mag. This is probably the way it’ll be carried IWB. 

5. Holsters. Left to right: AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.0, DeSantis SOB, and Blackhawk SERPA. 

A538F613-59DE-4A72-98D3-050FFE8202F5.jpeg

97080B8A-8FD9-44A2-888F-3E9CC7FD002B.jpeg

D8447B2A-B9AC-41F5-AE4E-2E77CA204486.jpeg

0324F76A-68E0-4AEB-AD97-02D281B47EC8.jpeg

F335B01A-2A1E-4FC9-A434-CEA0C7CE8858.jpeg