• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

300 blackout kaboom!

washguy

the weather here has been cold and wet,but not today....so me and my bff go out to the range to sight in more 300 blackouts....geez I didn't even take nothing but 300 blackouts so we could test the Barnes urban legend against the UMC...been wanting to test but the weather hasn't been nice.... first of all Thank you Garland shooting range for having mesh netting separating the lanes...Oh my gosh....there was a guy to the left of  my bestest friend John...then me on the right side of John....so this guy was Mr. handload king 300 aac   shooting his handloads.....im wearing ear plugs and electronic ear muffs....I had taken off the muffs for some adjusting....and BOOM ...and crap was bouncing down the concrete like pieces of a mag and its spring and assorted other parts...I didn't actually see the explosion but caught the reaction of it...Holy Crap....the guys 300 exploded the lower and the upper....man did it ever leave a mark too....he had these two long scratch/cuts that ran from his chin all the way up past his eye....the RO got him a towel for the blood and picked up his stuff and took him inside the office...Damn....an AR looks like a  cheap piece of crap after it blows up ,in case if anyone wants to know. always wear the eye protection  brothers:thumbup:

So.. back to the Barnes UMC.....its the real deal....as good as the regular UMC is this Barnes is just a tad better....I say tad cause the other stuff is badazz in the first place..... we both shot the Barnes UMC out of four different rifles at the 50yd and the 100yard...im talking sub moa.....we scoped in first at the 50 cause there's something coming up in March that I might be able to participate in....and 50 is where the rifles need to be....but we shot the rifles at 100 and there wasn't even a need to touch the turrets or holdover.....so we are good at 50 to 100 and all I need is a few hundred bills and some Dramamine ....this could be big time fun coming up if things work out    :fullauto:  Wash     13629.jpeg  

Edited by washguy

Blackout = pistol powder launching rifle bullets in rifle brass cases = fuk around with the wrong powder or charge, and you're gonna know it.  I'd love to know what his load was first, before I looked at anything else.

Get after the pigs, wash!!!  Want me to send the 338 Fed over there to ya?  It's a soft shooter, so you wouldn't even have to wear your padded bra!...  :laffs:

Sketch    thanks for the well wishes....man...that deal could have been really bad....im so glad that the range has netting between shooters...mainly for ejecting cases over to the next guy....but the netting came in handy for shrapnel too !  If you think theres action around me now....holy crap you should have run with me back in the day  :cool:  Wash