• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fire Control Pocket

spiros62

I don't know everything was going good as I was getting down to the 1.25 Depth my shity drill press will stalling on me. So I took the plate off and I balled it and went over one too many. And I stop f****** drinking a long time ago LOL. I appreciate you getting back to me

16 minutes ago, spiros62 said:

I heard epoxy works good

Can you epoxy your hand, face or your buddy standing next to you back together too when it blows up? Not saying that will happen........bbbbbuuuuuuttttt. 

Youre new here, I assume you are new to a few forums with your current situation. We’re not your normal barf.com forum, it’s not a bunch of egos clashing here. If either of the two guys that responded to me with your question I’d take my hits and call it junk. 

Edited by shepp

1 minute ago, shepp said:

Can you epoxy your hand, face or your buddy standing next to you back together too when it blows up? Not saying that will happen........bbbbbuuuuuuttttt. 

Youre new here, I assume you are new to a few forums with your current situation. We’re not your normal barf.com forum, it’s not a bunch of egos clashing here. If either of the two guys that responded to me with your question I’d take my hits and call it junk. 

Yes I was going to take their advice, and then somebody wrote to me just needed to be a little thicker. But yeah I don't need a blown up in my face. I'm just going to chalk it up to experience thanks guys I appreciate your input

4 minutes ago, spiros62 said:

Yes I was going to take their advice, and then somebody wrote to me just needed to be a little thicker. But yeah I don't need a blown up in my face. I'm just going to chalk it up to experience thanks guys I appreciate your input

Good call, and welcome to the forums by the way. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum. And with all due respect, borrow a friends better quality drill press for the next one. Marginal tools will bite you in the rear in the long run, especially with expensive projects. Make sure the bit is quality as well.

I was all excited, that is a brand new drill press but I didn't know a quarter horsepower motor wasn't enough. But I do agree with you the right tools I choc this up as a learning experience. Just sucks now at $35 billet has doubled in price since all the b******* going out there. Like I said I appreciate the info and all the feedback this is a great site.

You'll get it. Honestly, I've heard of guys recommending to start with one of the composite 80% lowers - those things machine WAY easier,and you get the hang of it quicker.  Do one or two, then move to an aluminum one.  Hell, punch out a couple composite AR15 lowers first, get used to it.  Then bust out the next 308 lower.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You'll get it. Honestly, I've heard of guys recommending to start with one of the composite 80% lowers - those things machine WAY easier,and you get the hang of it quicker.  Do one or two, then move to an aluminum one.  Hell, punch out a couple composite AR15 lowers first, get used to it.  Then bust out the next 308 lower.  :thumbup:

Can I use an AR-15 billet to make an AR-10?

16 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I recommend finding someone who has a knee mill and enlisting their advice and assistance.

I don't know anybody out here, I bought a drill press and the foot pedal with it and seems to do pretty good I'm just going to need a stronger motor next time spend more money on the drill press I only spent a hundred bucks on this table drill press you get what you pay for it right. But I had no idea what A knee Mill is

25 minutes ago, spiros62 said:

I don't know anybody out here, I bought a drill press and the foot pedal with it and seems to do pretty good I'm just going to need a stronger motor next time spend more money on the drill press I only spent a hundred bucks on this table drill press you get what you pay for it right. But I had no idea what A knee Mill is

Usually folks just call it a Bridgeport, whether or not it actually is....