• Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 GEN 2 Tube Marks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@bfoosh006 really something here to forward to them.  If they really look at this, and just straight-assemble and test fire a few rifles, this will all get figured out quick.

The dimensions are off.

I'll fly in there for a weekend, and troubleshoot the entire .308AR line, if that's what it takes. They need a dedicated .308AR Armorer, pretty bad, to design and function test this stuff, instead of piecemealing it minor-thing-by-minor-thing...

No I did not notch out anything, just pulled buffer and turned buffer tube once more and it would not keep the BCG, I personally don't believe I should have to mod something that should be fixed right.

Edited by Gopher

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

No I did not notch out anything, just pulled buffer and turned buffer tube once more and it would not keep the BCG, I personally don't believe I should have to mod something that should be fixed right.

I'm with ya.  100% and then some.  It needs to be manufactured right.

However, I have to say - it WOULD keep a BCG.  It would NOT keep a buffer in the extension though - because the buffer retainer bound up when it went in another turn, and it couldn't come up to the top, because that groove isn't cut deep enough. 

Now, back to what I asked before...  Is that receiver extension sticking out further forward than the ears on that lower?  That very important piece of information needs to be known.

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm with ya.  100% and then some.  It needs to be manufactured right.

However, I have to say - it WOULD keep a BCG.  It would NOT keep a buffer in the extension though - because the buffer retainer bound up when it went in another turn, and it couldn't come up to the top, because that groove isn't cut deep enough. 

Now, back to what I asked before...  Is that receiver extension sticking out further forward than the ears on that lower?  That very important piece of information needs to be known.

It was when I tried the extra turn really quick, but no when I shoot it at the position in the original pic it holds it.  I just posted if I do one more turn it dose not hold the BCG and don't feel that I should go gun smith and alt it to just get my gun to work right.

Edited by Gopher

The buffer retainer doesn't hold the BCG, ever.

The buffer retainer solely exists to hold the buffer in the lower, when you break the upper and lower in half - so you don't have a SURPRISE buffer shooting forward when you open the action.

So, the Bolt Carrier Group has nothing to do with this.

Now, does that receiver extension sitck out FURTHER than the ears on the lower, at all, when it was screwed in that extra turn?...

Sorry, I miss spoke, when I said BCG I meant the buffer.  Again I am not use to this so forgive me.

In the first pic the buffer was setting right I thought, when I try to do another turn as the second pic the ear does sit to low and buffer will not stay in buffer tube.

Does this make sense?

Just now, Gopher said:

Does this make sense?

Yes.  I called that, when the turning in of the tube pinched the retainer, and it can't rise high enough to capture a buffer.

What I'm specifically asking is easy - does the tube, screwed in this extra turn, stick out further than those upper ears on the lower - basically, is the tube sticking out now?

Just now, 98Z5V said:

Yes.  I called that, when the turning in of the tube pinched the retainer, and it can't rise high enough to capture a buffer.

What I'm specifically asking is easy - does the tube, screwed in this extra turn, stick out further than those upper ears on the lower - basically, is the tube sticking out now?

Yes

The PSA has a double=problem on their hands, and the whole tube machining is fucked up.

They need help.

Throw that tube in the trash, I don't care if it's 7 5/8" internal depth.  It's more fucked up that you can deal with, with doing some work to it.

Go buy an Armalite AR-10 Carbine receiver extension, Armalite Part Number 10207025. If you can't find one in stock anywhere, buy a VLTOR A5 Receiver Extension.  It's the exact same thing, and it'll be in-spec every single time.

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

The PSA has a double=problem on their hands, and the whole tube machining is fucked up.

They need help.

Throw that tube in the trash, I don't care if it's 7 5/8" internal depth.  It's more fucked up that you can deal with, with doing some work to it.

Go buy an Armalite AR-10 Carbine receiver extension, Armalite Part Number 10207025. If you can't find one in stock anywhere, buy a VLTOR A5 Receiver Extension.  It's the exact same thing, and it'll be in-spec every single time.

That's the issue, if I buy something from a manufacture, that manufacture should provide a product that is working.  I know there are fluctuations in the manufacturing and can get a bad product from time to time but after being on these boards it seems its not a oops item its a QA/QC issues.  I want to support this company so much after seeing their story but they are making it so hard for me who doesn't have a lot of money and looking for something in my budget that I can go hunt with and its reliable out in the field.  I should not have to go out and buy their competitors product to get their product to work right.

I think this is going to be a send back to them and get refund if they cant get it right, then I will have 2 paper weights, ar15/pa10 stripped lowers from PSA.  I guess we will see what their rep on the boards say, I want to have this gun but not willing to be their QA/QC guy.

Relax for one day.  I'm calling PSA tomorrow.  I'll keep asking for a "supervisor" until I get someone that can effect some change.

You think about this for a second - you're frustrated, as a buyer/owner.

How frustrated do you think the senior members of this board are, fixing these issues for years now?...  It's gotta come to an end.  This can't continue.  They need to make some serious changes, or just stick to selling ammo and AR15s.

Give me a day, dude. 

8 minutes ago, Gopher said:

That's the issue, if I buy something from a manufacture, that manufacture should provide a product that is working.

I will buy you an Armalite AR-10 Carbine Receiver Extension, if you agree to send me THAT receiver extension that you have, right now.

Deal?  I'll pay shipping from you to me, for that tube, too.

I will spec this damn thing out, and find out what all the issues are.

Edited by 98Z5V

I come off harsh, maybe a little frustrated but I want PSA to work.  I am a little harsh at times coming off and will work on that, I do appreciate you guys who have been working this out and have helped ones like me out on the boards, even though at times I don't know what I am talking about.  I will wait to see what PSA has to say about this before we move on to the transfer because I want this to work and love this gun if it works.

I have to head to bed now and thank you again for all your help.

And you should not offer to buy me an alt item if they (PSA) should fix their stuff.

Edited by Gopher

7 minutes ago, Gopher said:

And you should not offer to buy me an alt item if they (PSA) should fix their stuff.

There's a phenomenally good reason to do exactly that, and furthermore you should take that helpful gentleman up on his offer. He'll have you running like a sewing machine long before PSA has facilitated a return shipping arrangement.

23 minutes ago, Gopher said:

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a complete Armalite AR-10 Carbine Recoil system, and I'll pay you to send me your complete PSA PA-10 Carbine recoil system.

I will get this in the mail within 2 days, to you. You don't have to send me anything, until you receive my parts.

I want to spec this whole system out - specifically, the system that you have.  I will go soup-to-nuts on this thing, and find out what it's issues are, completely. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Range report tube marks.Recap.

Add limb saver.

Turned buffer tube in a full rotation.

Add tungsten weights to buffer.H3 now.

Paint marker shiny metal areas on lower receiver threads.

Fired 3 rounds.Rear of bolt slightly hitting threads of lower receiver on one side.Much improved over way received from PSA.Paint marker lower again.

Add 1 quarter to bottom of buffer tube.

Fired 60 rounds.20 Rapid fire.

Bolt no longer hitting threads.Weapon cycles smoother.No FTE.

Thanks to all for assistance.:thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Range report tube marks.Recap.

Add limb saver.

Turned buffer tube in a full rotation.

Add tungsten weights to buffer.H3 now.

Paint marker shiny metal areas on lower receiver threads.

Fired 3 rounds.Rear of bolt slightly hitting threads of lower receiver on one side.Much improved over way received from PSA.Paint marker lower again.

Add 1 quarter to bottom of buffer tube.

Fired 60 rounds.20 Rapid fire.

Bolt no longer hitting threads.Weapon cycles smoother.No FTE.

Thanks to all for assistance.:thumbup:

Curious how far off the bolt catch is the bolt face when you pull the CH fully to the rear?