• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FGMM $16.99 a Box, Free Shipping on 10

jtallen83

Just now, 98Z5V said:

I knew it was 168 - I figured you'd take the chance, as range fodder, and we can reload the match brass...  :laffs:

I'm not having any trouble finding 175 at reasonable prices, it's all I'm going to buy for now. Speaking of which, I need to pick up another 500 rounds or so, there'll be a couple more PRS matches between now and the Fall Shoot.

12 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'm not having any trouble finding 175 at reasonable prices, it's all I'm going to buy for now. Speaking of which, I need to pick up another 500 rounds or so, there'll be a couple more PRS matches between now and the Fall Shoot.

Have you used both FGMM 175 loads and if so do you see a difference in accuracy? The 7.62x51 version is supposed to be the same specs as the MK 316 mod0. I have seen a minimal difference with the nod going to the 7.62 designated round but with such a small difference it could be other factors besides the ammo causing it. I have not found enough information from others to see a trend one way or the other.

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Have you used both FGMM 175 loads and if so do you see a difference in accuracy?

I have used the 168 SMK, and both the .308 Win and 7.62x51 designated 175 SMK versions of FGMM. Probably not more than 100 rounds of the NATO, but enough to determine that I couldn't discern any difference in the accuracy of any of it. 

The reason for preferring the 175 SMK is entirely ballistics related. Before I found venues to shoot extended distance, I found that at 100 yards I didn't have to change my zero and could shoot 168 and 175 interchangeably without affecting my zero. Since I find myself trying to shoot as much distance as possible these days, I prefer the heavier round for the wind factor and less elevation holdover/dialing.

175gr for $18.99 + free shipping with 10 boxes

http://palmettostatearmory.com/federal-gold-medal-match-308-175gr-sierra-matchking-bthp-20rds.html

5 boxes of 175gr and 5 20rd PMAGS for $159.99.  With same price for ammo, that makes mags $13 each.  There may be shipping on this though.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/federal-308-175gr-sierra-gold-medal-20rds-3-boxes-magpul-pmag-gen-m3-7-62x51-magazine-3-mags.html