• Visit Sportsmans Guide

GWLA M14 build

survivalshop

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Nice, can't wait to see what it will do when you're both better acquainted. No doubt she'll do fine if she puts down an iron sight group of XM80 during break in like that, I can't hit anything twice with that last batch I bought.

Going to run any 175gr loads?

Why , of course . There is a guy that said he has the same barrel & it likes 175's , so I have a bunch of 175's & 168's loaded with my old WC 846 , but I have to do some Chrono data to see if these loads are not too hot for the M14 Action ,I think they should be , but ya never know . I have data from them in 20,18 & 16" Ar 308 Barrels , so I have look at the data first to see what they did .

No plans for a Scope to be ever installed on this Rife , so I don't expect any sub MOA Groups with my old eyes , but was also surprised with the M80 ball also , interesting , wonder what a Scope would produce .

54 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

20 Rd Springfield magazines for $29 bucks at Palameto

44 mag is going out of business & they have CMI 20 rd. for $ 24.95 , CMI makes the SAI mags & also for our Military  . I have to order a couple . I do have one CMI that will not seat all the way in this GWLA build , all the rest of my CMI's , including the SAI Mags, work fine .

https://www.44mag.com/product/m1a_m14_magazine_20_usgi/check-mate_industries