• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTB A.R.M.S. #41-B Folding FSB

COBrien

17 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

A quick search shows that they are about $180+ most everywhere.  I found one place at $167.  I don't know anything about the store though.

https://www.bearbasin.net/product_p/arm41b.htm

'Preciate that, Doc!

Numrich is selling them for $136.45 + free shipping on orders over $75, best price I've found so far (and I trust Numrich...).

Just thought I'd post up a WTB thread here -- if a 308AR member has one to offload, I'd sooner pay them and fund a build than buy from a store.

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Ive been kinda wanting one for my 14.5 for years...just dont want to take my rifle apart because it runs so nice lol.

Nobody touches numerichs price on them. 

I'm looking at one for my Dissipator. Getting a good used drill press this week, so I'll be taking the Dissy apart and opening up the gas port to .110" soon. While I've got it apart, might as well throw the #41-B at it, right?

EDIT: I am somewhat apprehensive about picking one up, as I feel a 'Rule' invocation coming...

Edited by COBrien

Lol nice. I love seeing someone talk themselves into gun parts ?

I want one for this guy....because that VLTOR handguard was meant for a A frame front sight and looks bad ass that way...but I like getting out of the way of the aimpoint.

PicsArt_03-03-03.41.59.jpg

Edited by blue109

Once it comes in, I’ll take some good pics and post them up.

I watched a couple YouTube videos, and all seem to have a positive opinion. Biggest gripe was the width of the sight post. I’ve got a tapered NM post that’ll do just fine. Or maybe I’ll try a KNS crosshair post... Lmao!

12 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Biggest gripe was the width of the sight post.

That gripe would come from people that don't know what they're doing, brother...

I'm pretty sure it has a standard A2 front sight post in there, with 4 rotation positions (if it's 5 rotation positions, it's an A1 front sight post).  It's 0.070" wide, A2. 

The beauty of the A2 front sight post is ranging - standard man is 18" wide at the shoulders. If you sight in on a standard man that's 18" wide at the shoulders, and he fills that same width as the front sight post...  he's 300 yards meters away.

Little bigger than the front sight post - he's closer. Don't change your point of aim. Little narrower - he's a little farther away. Aim higher.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

6 hours ago, mrraley said:

Once I get my shop unpacked, I just might have a few of these in a box somewhere...

Let me know, too -- I'd love to buy at least one. I'm sure I can come up with something to use it for.

...and I won't show up nekkid to help you unpack...

• 8 months later...

I found 3 total...

2 are complete with allen wrench and spacer $110    Both sold

1 just the clamp on sight $100 (last one is just the sight, no allen wrench or spacer.) Sold

All 3 have the bayonet lug also.

Cover shipping and pp fees  (or friends and family)

20190420_160943.jpg

20190420_161128.jpg

Edited by mrraley