• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Post Dealer question

gagunguy

I'm guessing, from the use of your acronym "PDS", that you are referring to a Personal Defense System... Specifically a semi-automatic firearm, with the ability to carry in a compact/portable manner.

I'm also guessing that your use of "AR10" does not mean Armalite specific AR-10's, and is generalizing ALL .308 AR format rifles.... **We actually view this faux pas akin to calling ALL sports cars "Corvettes" even though only Chevrolet makes the Corvette... Just FYI.

Lastly, I'm guessing from your use of 07/02, that you are referring to being a licensed 07-FFL with a Pawn Shop (or similar).

What are you trying to get out of your firearm? There is plenty of experience here with 12.5" to 20" .308 rifles. Making a firearm (pistol/firearm/SBR) with a 12.5" barrel has been done very successfully here. What kind of "advise" are you looking for? Parts? Necessity? Reliability? Functionality? Feasibility?

TBH... Why? There are a LOT of other calibers that would perform better, in a smaller and lighter package, that would cost less, and would be all-around better options.... Just sayin'

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

I'm guessing, from the use of your acronym "PDS", that you are referring to a Personal Defense System... Specifically a semi-automatic firearm, with the ability to carry in a compact/portable manner.

I'm also guessing that your use of "AR10" does not mean Armalite specific AR-10's, and is generalizing ALL .308 AR format rifles.... **We actually view this faux pas akin to calling ALL sports cars "Corvettes" even though only Chevrolet makes the Corvette... Just FYI.

Lastly, I'm guessing from your use of 07/02, that you are referring to being a licensed 07-FFL with a Pawn Shop (or similar).

What are you trying to get out of your firearm? There is plenty of experience here with 12.5" to 20" .308 rifles. Making a firearm (pistol/firearm/SBR) with a 12.5" barrel has been done very successfully here. What kind of "advise" are you looking for? Parts? Necessity? Reliability? Functionality? Feasibility?

TBH... Why? There are a LOT of other calibers that would perform better, in a smaller and lighter package, that would cost less, and would be all-around better options.... Just sayin'

Thanks for the decode Brother, still not sure what exactly the question is?????????

I can answer the why for me on a shorty 308, cause I had a schit pile of MK 319 ammo made for shorter barrels and .....well, I could.

1 minute ago, jtallen83 said:

Thanks for the decode Brother, still not sure what exactly the question is?????????

I can answer the why for me on a shorty 308, cause I had a schit pile of MK 319 ammo made for shorter barrels and .....well, I could.

I love the idea of a 12.5" barrel.... Just wondering if he was thinking of something like an 8 incher???

Basiclly,  putting the sear in the normal location as a AR15 the forward part of the bolt wont go past and trip the sear, gets hung up on it. Make it low enough to clear the forward part of the bolt, it wont engage the hammer.

I know POF makes one, but tight lipped on info on it and not really willing to sell one to individual with a Law Letter 

Edited by gagunguy

The original Drawings for the AR 10 should be available some where , someone has them . Are you making or using an M16 Auto sear  , if so , there are probably dimensional differences in the two Auto Sears & the Pin placement in the Receiver because of it , but you probably know that . Of course you know the Hammers are also different.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:16 PM, gagunguy said:

Robocop, 07 means I'm a manufacturer of firearms, 02 is a SOT means I can buy, sell NFA items including Transferable, Pre May Samples, and Post Dealer Samples.

Most of us are well aware of that, and what it means...  It's ironic that you actually thought you had to spell it out for a guy that owns his own manufacturing company, with foreign contracts, and makes .338 Lapua Magnum ARs...   Just some perspective, for you.  :thumbup:

On 11/18/2018 at 6:16 PM, gagunguy said:

Robocop, 07 means I'm a manufacturer of firearms, 02 is a SOT means I can buy, sell NFA items including Transferable, Pre May Samples, and Post Dealer Samples.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Most of us are well aware of that, and what it means...  It's ironic that you actually thought you had to spell it out for a guy that owns his own manufacturing company, with foreign contracts, and makes .338 Lapua Magnum ARs...   Just some perspective, for you.  :thumbup:

So Rob can have machineguns? :drool:      

22 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I think spelling it out for Robocop is always a good idea .?