• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Sign in to follow this  
suzukiray

Jard or Timney? Or something else???

Remington 700 build in .338 Lapua, finally started!! Which trigger for a long distance gun? This one will have a 30 inch barrel. I've seen others, and never owned a Jard, but hear good things about them. Anyone recommend either one over the other? Or even a different brand over these two?

Edited by suzukiray

I have a Jard 2lb in a long-barrel 5.56 rig, and it's a good trigger.  I've never tried one in a 700, though...

BUT!  I have a Timney 517 in a .308 bolt gun, 700 AAC-SD.  The 517 is the flat trigger, right hand safety, and I had them set it up at 2.5lbs.  That trigger ROCKS! 

check out Huber concepts.  I don't think you will be disappointed with the price or the quality. John Huber has sponsored quite a few people especially snipers and are setting records with his triggers.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:21 PM, 98Z5V said:

BUT!  I have a Timney 517 in a .308 bolt gun, 700 AAC-SD.  The 517 is the flat trigger, right hand safety, and I had them set it up at 2.5lbs.  That trigger ROCKS! 

Oh snap. Have the same in my Rem 700 308, Timney 517 Flat trigger. very nice trigger.

Timney 517.jpg