• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Jard or Timney? Or something else???

suzukiray

Remington 700 build in .338 Lapua, finally started!! Which trigger for a long distance gun? This one will have a 30 inch barrel. I've seen others, and never owned a Jard, but hear good things about them. Anyone recommend either one over the other? Or even a different brand over these two?

Edited by suzukiray

I have a Jard 2lb in a long-barrel 5.56 rig, and it's a good trigger.  I've never tried one in a 700, though...

BUT!  I have a Timney 517 in a .308 bolt gun, 700 AAC-SD.  The 517 is the flat trigger, right hand safety, and I had them set it up at 2.5lbs.  That trigger ROCKS! 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:21 PM, 98Z5V said:

BUT!  I have a Timney 517 in a .308 bolt gun, 700 AAC-SD.  The 517 is the flat trigger, right hand safety, and I had them set it up at 2.5lbs.  That trigger ROCKS! 

Oh snap. Have the same in my Rem 700 308, Timney 517 Flat trigger. very nice trigger.

Timney 517.jpg

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

Has anyone here tried the Velocity single stage 3 lb in a 308AR/6.5cmAR?

Got one in my Xanthos and previously had it in my Pa10. I love it. Can't really tell a difference from the Timney I had in my old R25. I believe the owner of Velocity was the big cheese at Timney before he went and did his own thing.  They look identical aside from the color and price.

However, I find myself wanting to put the MBT-2S into the Xanthos. Something about the trigger shoe, feels better on the MBT.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, suzukiray said:

Remington 700 build in .338 Lapua, finally started!! Which trigger for a long distance gun? This one will have a 30 inch barrel. I've seen others, and never owned a Jard, but hear good things about them. Anyone recommend either one over the other? Or even a different brand over these two?

I have used Timney triggers in Mausers,Springfield,Remington 700 bolt rifles   and never had a bad experience.  Calibers from .22-250 2506, 3006 and..243 both for personal and customers. I never saw a need to go with another brand. Once when the Timney plant had a fire I had to.look around to find one for my Remington 700 .243.

I got a status report from LaRue...  Seems their triggers are quite popular at ~$79 each, so 4 to 6 weeks from order to ship, and they will send an email when they go out the door...

Although they didn't send any attitude I felt like I should not have bugged them and just been patient once I got the email response.

So be patient fokks, and watch for the email... 

13 hours ago, RobPLSCA said:

I got a status report from LaRue...  Seems their triggers are quite popular at ~$79 each, so 4 to 6 weeks from order to ship, and they will send an email when they go out the door...

Although they didn't send any attitude I felt like I should not have bugged them and just been patient once I got the email response.

So be patient fokks, and watch for the email... 

FWIW, I ordered my last MBT on 12/19/18. Received my shipping notification on 1/18/19. So they're kicking them out about 30 days after you place your order.

53 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

if I like them, I'm getting on the JT plan...

Might as well do that now, I'm just sayin'...  :thumbup:

For almost everything I build, that's the trigger I'm using, I kid you not. It needs to be something really, really special for me to step away from one of those, now.  If I do step away from it, the only other thing I'm getting is the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match.