DNP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RobPLSCA said:

I've got this feeling I am going to have an extra set screw, or take down pin, or something after everything is built, and then say "Damn, look at that... I can't let it go to waste... I might as well build another..."

Fucking gas tube roll pins got me on that, a LONG time ago.  You are forewarned.  Right now.

A spare gas tube roll pin ended up as a brand new rifle.  I kid you not.

You have the sickness...   :banana:

After I publicly stated that, some motherfucker here sent me a completely anonymous bag of 10 gas tube roll pins, too.  I went fucking crazy.

Another time, I received an anonymous bag of 6 MagPul aluminum trigger guards.  The evil here cannot be understated.  There are some bad-intentioned people lurking these boards, and they're out to harm your credit, or wallet.  You need to watch out, and I mean that.

I, myself, have learned to "pay it forward," and I might send something to you - for payback against my past "anonymous" transgressors. You need to understand now, it's not personal.  I mean no harm.  I will label the package with Dirk's name, though...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 1/6/2019 at 8:55 AM, DNP said:

He's an instigator. Not Santa Claus. Aim lower. 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:41 PM, suzukiray said:

Aaaahahahahahaha!!!!

I'm laughing with Suzukiray...

On another note, I got an email from a company from which I recently bought some stuff. It said "Thank you for you order, etc. etc."  I'm thinking, "Was I drunken shopping again? I swear I already bought some of those." Then another email arrives from them saying they were transferring order info to their new computer system and to disregard emails announcing previous orders again. Whew! I would have had to ship miscellaneous parts to 98Z to see what he'd build from them...

I"m DOWN with that, man - let's make some crazy shiit!...   :lmao:

I DEFINITELY see a 500 Blackout in my future, and that is NOT a typo. 

Edited by 98Z5V
I hope I didn't say something that I wasn't supposed to. Yet...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RobPLSCA said:

Soon I hope... I put most of the required parts for each into seperate boxes, but they haven't assembled themselves yet... Actually still need to order some parts, and waiting on arrival of others. 

Let me know when everything is in, for these things, and we can have a build party at DNP's place...   :thumbup:  @DNP Sorry to volunteer you, brother...  :lmao:   I'll bring all the tools, and we can get these things together.  I need another road trip over there anyway.  Because.

50 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

build party at DNP's place.

Hahaha! Great idea! I guess I will bring some steaks & caveman seasoning...  garlic bread too... 

14 hours ago, DNP said:

pile of parts

And of course piles of parts... 

Got any suggestions for gas blocks? Adjustable?  Clamp-on or solid? SLS or Superlative or ? I think I need something "low profile" to fit inside handguards. And for a 16" 338 federal, will a 10" length handguard be too short? Should I go with 12" or 15" instead?

Of course I can't recall the appropriate size blocks for the barrels... 

You won't or shouldn't need adjustable. Save some money there. The hand guards will need to be however long you want them based on whether or not you want the gas block covered or exposed.  The gas block location is determined by the the gas port location...carbine, mid, rifle etc. depending on which gas system your barrel has, that will tell you about where the block will be. If you want it covered, I can show you some neat math tricks...but I think you've probably got a calculator somewhere around the office with a plus and minus button. So many choices, where do you start?  The barrels you ordered should mention the size gas block you need.  one pieces work nice and if you aren't pinning a muzzle device on it you'll be fine if you ever need to take it off. If you were pinning a device, I would get a two piece.