DNP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/22/2019 at 11:15 PM, RobPLSCA said:

Got any suggestions for gas blocks? Adjustable?  Clamp-on or solid? SLS or Superlative or ? I think I need something "low profile" to fit inside handguards. And for a 16" 338 federal, will a 10" length handguard be too short? Should I go with 12" or 15" instead?

Of course I can't recall the appropriate size blocks for the barrels... 

10" rail oughta work just fine with that barrel  - the rail will still cover the 9" midlength gas system.  Gas block diameter will need to be 0.750".  Here's mine with an 11" rail:

166177295_338Fed.thumb.jpg.d8c5b76e739fca89fe0c5b91dfb7bd18.jpg

41 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

Thank YOU for the input and good guidance!

Psssshh...   You think that now - until we REALLY start impacting your wallet!...    :lmao:

This is just the beginning - we had to break you in, first...   You passed...   :thumbup::banana:

Ok, now both Superlative Arms adjustabls gas blocks are here. .750 for the 16" 338 federal and .875 for the 20" 6.5 Creedmoor (Wilson Combat barrels). I got a regular block with the 18" 308 barrel from BA. I  am pretty close to having all the parts now. Sunday should be bin sorting day. 

Yep, I need to pack up tools and head to DNPs place for the weekend.  I have every other weekend off - the between weekends, i work Saturdays 9~1. 

EDIT - This just hit me - head over here for the Spring Shoot.  We build them all, and break them in right then...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

Now you're just trying to get out of a drive over to CA. Which isn't a horrible thing. It's a little cold at the ranch right now. Grounds smoked themselves in the trailer somehow. I've got them wire nutted together and can run the power, but I need to throw a new bus in this weekend. 

image.jpeg

Edited by DNP