• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gettin' Reti for a Yeti...... .358

Boot_Scraper

I read about the 1680, which is what I use for 300BLK loads.  It really looks like any powder that suitable for 300BLK will work in the Yeti - just heavier loads (which is kinda scary).  I'm alright with experimenting with this one... :thumbup:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Shooter's World Blackout seems to be a favorite as does AA1680. There's a very well put together spread sheet I've found that has a TON of useful info.

*All credit goes to GregBS and as with any reloading info on the web, I accept no responsibility for anyone's actions.* 

My Yeti data.xlsx

A ton is an understatement.  Here's another question that will come up.  If a group buy will fly, and all the packages are to be the same, what barrel length are we going to want?

10 minutes ago, dpete said:

what barrel length are we going to want?

16", from this beast.  I see no reason to go more, for the purpose of the round, and no reason to get into NFA shiit by going less.  With this much power coming out of it, for the purpose of breaking animals with a quickness, we won't need more than 16" barrels. 

Thoughts?...  Am I crazy in that ASS-umption of mine?...  I wanna SMASH a coyote with one of these things.  Into pieces...

I defer to your logic!  As you said before.  This thing looks to be a Blackout on steroids.  With our short-azzed in the woods shots we get up here on deer a regular Blackout does just fine so this should be fine on steroids.  16" also makes for an easier swinging tree stand gun.

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It's done, folks.  DONE.  Pete and I decided. :banana:    The barrel length on the group buy needs to be 16" barrels, and anything else is just crazy.   :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

Barrels come with a Cerakote option as well. I was thinking graphite black?

Edited by Boot_Scraper

Yep. Saw it earlier today.  I'm in.  

I'll toss this out there as a possibility for ammo that I thought of today while driving.  I have a buddy that is a federally licensed and insured ammo remanufacturer/seller.  He already supplies one well known company with all of their 300 Blackout remans and might be open to starting up with Yeti bullets.  Might be a possibility for those folks who don't reload.  I'm going to give him a call and see what his thoughts on the matter are.

On 1/29/2019 at 6:41 PM, dpete said:

Yep. Saw it earlier today.  I'm in.  

I'll toss this out there as a possibility for ammo that I thought of today while driving.  I have a buddy that is a federally licensed and insured ammo remanufacturer/seller.  He already supplies one well known company with all of their 300 Blackout remans and might be open to starting up with Yeti bullets.  Might be a possibility for those folks who don't reload.  I'm going to give him a call and see what his thoughts on the matter are.

Nice!! 

To me, this is one of the most well suited wildcats for hunting. Having to handload though, could be holding it back. There is one place that sells loaded ammo but everytime I look, goose egg.

BTW I just ordered 3lbs of Shooters World Blackout (along with some Varget for my 308's and some LVR for my 35's)! So if the Yeti never comes to fruition (WHICH IT IS) I can salvage it with a 300 BLK or an X39.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been absent for a little while. Life these days has been shifted into high gear. Anyways...

Got word the barrel, bolt, and dies should ship next week. Got busy this weekend and layed down some tungsten cerakote on the Yeti. The barrel is coming in tungsten as well. I'm diggin it. It'll likely be heavier than my 308 but I think it's kinda cool. 

20190914_124505.jpg

20190914_124345.jpg

20190914_124332.jpg

Edited by Boot_Scraper

• 4 weeks later...