• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pistols and Revolvers

Albroswift

^^^ Hell of a deal! 

my bro finished his fde 9mm so i had a half day to hit the range with him to test and site in. Bro has 2 glock mags, his pistol ran perfectly! 

on to my kci mags. Had feeding issues to figure out. ( same outcome in bros build) so i flipped the top round strait up in the lips and pulled it 90* out to the left,  which gave just enough spread to run all 4 mags with no problems! 

we were both smiling 🎯 .40 parts are in today so on to the next one.

15"' targets and so fun to shoot! almost 1k through it now.

20190420_170020.jpg

20190420_165506.jpg

20190420_160410.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That little fucker SHOOTS!!!   Nice!!!

who you calling little... oohh yeah the pistol! 😂 "little pew pew" so the girls will like it like I do! 

note the cci/speer 115gn ammo is pretty dirty. leaves a lot of lead on the fingers and carbon (ash like floating black flakes)  flows freely from the gun while shooting. eye pro is recommended with the blow back system! 

BadAss fun for sure! 

Maybe up your buffer weight and/or spring? Both of mine run pretty clean. If you have a case gauge it would be interesting to see if the spent casing still fits. I've now had the chance to reload and shoot brass that has made a pass through the blowbacks and find I am not needing to use a push through sizer as some suggest, just standard resizing die. (I'd probably just throw the brass away and order more off gunbroker if I had to go through the effort of push through sizing, not very progressive press friendly...)

just finished the .40 upper and the kaw vally gear is nice but kinda slips in alingment.. the barrel nut and hg nut are separate. so you have to use a ( gas tube alingment pin) then torque the barrel.. i find the alingment pin is ok for the gas but not the hg part.. when under tourqe speks. its loose fit in my areo upper.

some slack.. so the finale barrel / hg torqued is to much for the aliingment pin.. minor issues. I run my sights off the upper, not the hg. barrel is snugged tight as well as the md. picked up some glock 22 /22 round mags x4 and have bushell trs25 red dot coming..  fun and games! 

20190423_223729.jpg

20190423_224241.jpg

20190423_224213.jpg

Edited by sketch
good shits.

Good looking build. There are some shim kits to help with that alignment, I prefer the clamp on type or round handguards  over the type that screw directly to the nut. Seems like lala land to expect proper torque and true alignment to be one in the same. What brand of mags? I have been checking the angle of the bullet/ follower and find they are all over the place. I made a gauge matching the most reliable angle and have been tweaking the ones that don't conform, got a bunch of glock type 10 followers on order, they seem to match the cheapo mags that are reliable. 

12 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Good looking build. There are some shim kits to help with that alignment, I prefer the clamp on type or round handguards  over the type that screw directly to the nut. Seems like lala land to expect proper torque and true alignment to be one in the same. What brand of mags? I have been checking the angle of the bullet/ follower and find they are all over the place. I made a gauge matching the most reliable angle and have been tweaking the ones that don't conform, got a bunch of glock type 10 followers on order, they seem to match the cheapo mags that are reliable. 

its a janky set up for sure. shims why didn't i think of that.👍🍻 glock .40/22 rnd mag 4-100$ all i could find in my area. Guess i should see if they work in the bullet trap. 😎

These are the reliable 31 round Glock type .40 S&W mags, Korea RWB 12.99 at Ben's

https://www.classicfirearms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=acc-gl40-31MAG

ACC-GL40-31MAG

Ben's also has another one that is not  good, SGM brand, needs a lot of tweaking, stay away from alert:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/sgmt-40-31rd-glock-mag/

ACC-SGM-40G31R

If you look closely the SGM has a slightly longer body and a smaller base. Also has a SGM logo. Feed lips are crappy. Follower doesn't fit well, sloppy.  I have 2 of the SGM and 4 of the Korea RWB's, just ordered more of the RWB's today. (I have only ran them about 75% full as of yet, but dug out my maglula UpLula loader yesterday so will give them the "Stuffed Full" test next time at the range. Also rebuild several old stock mags last night, see what the results are. 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:40 AM, Albroswift said:

Seems like lala land to expect proper torque and true alignment to be one in the same.

Proper torque for an AR barrel nut has a range of 30~80 lb/ft.   It's possible to align it.  Shouldn't be hard, with a range as broad as that.

Shims let you get it aligned at the lower end of the torque range.  I wouldn't want to put one on at 80 - if I got close to that, I'd shim it and hit a lower number.  Military Armorer's slam service rifles together routinely, and if it's going to 80 to make it - then it's going to 80.  The only reason I wouldn't wanna put one on at 80 is because that fucker has to come apart sometime.  Taking Greg's SBR upper apart was a tough one - but it came apart.  All parts salvaged, nothing broke - but it sucked.

3 hours ago, Albroswift said:

What do you use for barrel grease? I've done low torque and loctite blue or medium torque and anti seize or grease. Never anywhere near 80 lbs though.  

Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease, or Maxima Waterproof Grease.  I keep both on-hand, for all my motorcycle and quad shiit. 

Maxima-19-578-141-rgb_2048x.jpg?v=152035

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6HvY2KWQltWo-AhhlHAD

not a pistola cal. but a pistola. for Robo x39 in 10.5" barrel psa upper and a lgs ruger lower and extra parts cost me. but hey it's done. 

shot this upper last week and it was one shot at a time. reviews on psa said small gas port.. I had to get agro on th gas block after it ate my allen key in the set screw. I had an extra so I cut a bitch! heat wouldnt budge.. ported the gp out to .93  and re installed with new gb and previous tube. added the sb3 brace and mp backups.. shoot it in the near future! oal 26.4"

20190428_162854.jpg

20190429_210356.jpg

Edited by sketch
closet shits.

i went easy and used the HACKSAW by hand..didnt touch the barrel at all!👍🍻 couple hammers drills and mapgas first. cut a bitch! It was a fight for sure.

Edited by sketch
stupid shits

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Shoulda went after that fucker with some oxy/acetylene...   :laffs:

bro was here when I busted  the allen key off in the set screw and was stepping back when I grabbed the mapgas! haha I cant get to ham unless i have a fire extinguisher close by!!