• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Too cold to grill

Boot_Scraper

59 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

38* out and dropping. Rainy. I knows,  some of y'all break out the flip flops at 38. Not this coonass. 

Whipped up something to warm the family up. Shrimp ettouffe (pronounced A-2-fay). Times like these, I love living in Louisiana. I wish you boys could have a bite. 

20190123_180513.thumb.jpg.c93b07642b10edbb8e5587cccfbcdb39.jpg20190123_181349.thumb.jpg.070ca3c61e73421ef7366e2b17c56fcc.jpg

I’ll be down for left overs, fucking love Cajun food

1 hour ago, Boot_Scraper said:

38* out and dropping. Rainy. I knows,  some of y'all break out the flip flops at 38. Not this coonass. 

Whipped up something to warm the family up. Shrimp ettouffe (pronounced A-2-fay). Times like these, I love living in Louisiana. I wish you boys could have a bite. 

20190123_180513.thumb.jpg.c93b07642b10edbb8e5587cccfbcdb39.jpg20190123_181349.thumb.jpg.070ca3c61e73421ef7366e2b17c56fcc.jpg

Brother that looks delicious. Wish I wasn’t 1500 miles to the north

4 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Cajun food is unbelieveable! NIce job Scrape Trying one of these for a small patio.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KG6SND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks pretty slick. It's my youngest's birthday party this weekend and pulled pork and smoked boudin is on the menu. Hard to lose weight around here. 

I worked at a prominent meat market all through high school. Made a shitton of boudin, andouille, sausage, and other things to clog the arteries. I could walk you through it. Or take the easy road and send you a pack. 

Basically you take a pork shoulder, trim the fat, cut it up, and boil it with some onions, bell peppers, and a little beef liver. Then you grind that up and mix it with rice, green onions, and some seasonings. After that you stuff the mixture in sausage casing and let it cool. When you're ready to eat it, you can boil it, grill it (my favorite), or smoke it (my favorite as well). Pm me if you want me to send you a pack. 

45 minutes ago, shepp said:

Do you have a boudin recipe? 

8 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

I worked at a prominent meat market all through high school. Made a shitton of boudin, andouille, sausage, and other things to clog the arteries. I could walk you through it. Or take the easy road and send you a pack. 

Basically you take a pork shoulder, trim the fat, cut it up, and boil it with some onions, bell peppers, and a little beef liver. Then you grind that up and mix it with rice, green onions, and some seasonings. After that you stuff the mixture in sausage casing and let it cool. When you're ready to eat it, you can boil it, grill it (my favorite), or smoke it (my favorite as well). Pm me if you want me to send you a pack. 

He just needs to bring a shitload to the fall shoot.