• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for this AR-10 Handguard.

Hello everyone, I am just about completely done with one of my AR-10 Builds and want a certain Handguard for it. But I for the life of me can not find it.

I am asking for some help here. I have the link to the YouTube video that shows the Handguard I am looking for and have asked in the comments for the specs. Nothing. 

Please help if you can. The name of the person that owns the AR-10 in the build is on the left side of the Lower along with his ocation, no luck with that helping so far. The guys name is Nick Anton from San Diego California. Maybe he will see this and reveal his specs. He has yet to do a single response on YouTube which is really kind of weird considering he posted the darn video. Unless it was Noreens Firearms that posted the video. I asked them if they could contact the builder and find out the specs but they haven't even left a comment either. Please help me find this Handguard. 

Here is the link to the video since I cant seem to figure out how to add a picture to this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joc-j0JR-Zo&t=1s

Thank you.

Hammer.

I did check with Yankee Hill Machine and they said that it is not one of theirs. So close yet so far.

This would be so much easier if the person that made the video would post his/her specs. 

Not normal that someone builds such a nice tool and doesn't brag about it and advertise what they have in it.

But that the way it goes, I just need to keep looking I guess.

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

1 hour ago, Paladin's Hammer said:

This would be so much easier if the person that made the video would post his/her specs. 

Not normal that someone builds such a nice tool and doesn't brag about it and advertise what they have in it.

That video is straight from Noreen Firearms - call them and ask.  Here's their website, with contact info (scroll to the bottom for their address and phone number):

https://onlylongrange.com/

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, 98Z5V said:

That video is straight from Noreen Firearms - call them and ask.  Here's their website, with contact info (scroll to the bottom for their address and phone number):

https://onlylongrange.com/

I have but Noreen's says they don't know. According to them it just showed up and they posted it, or something like that. They were not very clear on the matter. Sounds crazy to me that you would post a video like that and not know all the details of the video before posting it. They sure do make nice stuff though. Here's a few pictures of some of my Noreen .223 80% builds. I really love their stuff. They have such nice lines and their design is very clean. Apparently I got extremely lucky and purchased the last 4 of the .223 Billet 80% Lowers that were Anodized. If I am to understand correctly they won't be Anodizing their 80% Billet lowers and more and that really sucks. I'd love to do 2 or 3 AR-10 80% builds but I don't want to have to do the Anodizing myself and I'm not a fan of Cerakote. I think it's over rated. It doesn't get into the metal like Anodizing does. Anyway, If they ever start to Anodize their Billet Lower 80%'s again I can guarantee that I'll be buying several sets to build. They announced that they will have the AR-10 Uppers Anodized but not the lowers. I asked them why and they didn't have an answer. Sad. Well, still no luck finding the Handguard but I am not ready to quit, I think that sooner or later I will find it. Hope you like my Builds. I'm no master builder but I do take pride in them. Personally I don't think that there is a manufacturer out there that can match the quality, fit and good looks of the Noreen's Billet sets.I like them so much that I am considering buying maybe a dozen sets of each "80% Billet lowers of .223 and 80% Billet Lowers of 308" and sending them off to get Anodized. I would then also buy the matching Uppers in the RAW so that the Anodizing matches. Yup, I like them that much. PS. If anyone is curious about my builds, just ask and I'll be more than happy to give you the entire specs. These babies shoot extremely well. Lady Jane is a Sharps 25/45 and Sniper is a .223 Wylde.

Lady Jane 05.jpg

Lady Jane 07.jpg

Sniper 001.jpg

Sniper 002.jpg

Sniper 003.jpg

6 hours ago, Paladin's Hammer said:

Lady Jane is a Sharps 25/45

Nice - you're in small company here, with the 25-45.  How far have you been able to stretch that one out, so far?  I got mine out to 850 yards, but it was WORK.  It was 17-something mils of drop out there.  It would have been alot easier on me, if I had a LaRue LT-158 mount, with the 10-MOA built in, but I had this scope mounted in an Aero Precision straight mount.  I dialed all I could, and held the rest.  Brutal. 

More pics of that one, and a detailed writeup of the parts, would be awesome.  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, 98Z5V said:

Nice - you're in small company here, with the 25-45.  How far have you been able to stretch that one out, so far?  I got mine out to 850 yards, but it was WORK.  It was 17-something mils of drop out there.  It would have been alot easier on me, if I had a LaRue LT-158 mount, with the 10-MOA built in, but I had this scope mounted in an Aero Precision straight mount.  I dialed all I could, and held the rest.  Brutal. 

More pics of that one, and a detailed writeup of the parts, would be awesome.  :thumbup:

Where do I start. Lady Jane started with a Noreens Billet Upper and Billet 80% Lower that were already Anodized by Noreens. Then after much research I went with the Sharps Rifle Company 24 inch Stainless Steel H-Bar Barrel and the Diamondhead Muzzle Brake. The Buffer Tube is a Srike Industries Advanced Buffer Tube in FDE, Strike Industries Enhanced End Plate and Castle Nut FDE, Strike Industries Billet Ejection Port Cover FDE, Strike Industries Latchless Charging Handle Black with ISO Tabs FDE, Strike Industries Enhanced Lightweight Pivot/Takedown Pins FDE, Strike Industries Enhanced Magazine Release FDE, Strike Industries Enhanced Bolt Catch Black., Strike Industries AR-15 Flat Wire Buffer Spring. Primary Weapons Systems H3 Buffer. HiperFire Reflex Trigger and HiperSwitch Safety. Hogue AR-15 Over-mold Grip BeaverTail with Finger Grooves. KNS Precision Gen 2 Mod 3 NRTHP Anti-Walk Trigger pins. Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Adjustable M-4 Stock Black. Rise Armament RA-902 Stinger AR-15 Slimline M-Lok Hadguard. Vortex VMX-3T Magnifier, Vortex StrikeFire 2 R/G Red Dot Sight. Magpul M-Lok Bipod MAG933. Superlative Arms .936" Adjustable Gas Block, Bleed Off-Solid, Stainless Steel Matte. Strike Industries Rifle Length Stainless Steel Gas Tube. So, needless to say this is not your dime store AR, this baby wasn't cheap to build but man was she worth it. 

On 8/17/2019 at 3:50 AM, jtallen83 said:

That is a fantastic group for a magnifier/red dot combo at 300 yards. Put a good scope on that rifle and it may do one hole groups!

I knew it as soon as I pulled the trigger. But at least it still hit the target. I'm just having a hard time deciding which Glass to put on it. I know it's going to be Vortex, just not sure which one.

Edited by Paladin's Hammer
add response.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:12 AM, 98Z5V said:

That is some damn fine work, right there.  Very nice job on that rifle.   :thumbup::hail:

Thank you. I named her "Lady Jane" . Just liked the name and I think it fits. I've built 4 AR's since December 2018 and am working on 7 more to be done by December 2019. Every one of them is different in many ways. I have Lady Jane 25/45 Sharps 24 inch, Sniper 223 Remington 24 inch, Little Piggy 25/45 Sharps 16 inch and Rambo 223 Remington 16 inch at present. Next up are Dimples 223 Remington 18 inch, Winston 25/45 Sharps 18 inch, Wolf 25/45 Sharps 20 inch, Sarge 308 Winchester 18 inch, Hawk Eye 260 Remington 24 inch, Stubbs 300 Blackout 10 inch and last but not least Schultz 9mm 16 inch. Once I'm done with all the building, everyone will have their names and some kind of design laser engraved on the Lowers. Next year I plan on building 2 Ar's for each of my kids and the one for each of my grandchildren. They are just way too much fun to build. And no, I'm not looking to adopt any more children. Lol.

3 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Pretty and accurate :hail:

Thank you. I wanted this one to be a real looker and I'd like to this I hit the mark. I do love the Noreen's Billet sets. I got very very lucky since I managed to buy the last four Anodized 80% Lowers they had. Now they only sell them raw and I don't like Cerakote, so raw is not an option for me. Maybe I'll post some pics of the other three that are ready. They all shoot extremely well, no complaints at all. I took the four up to our youth camp and let a couple hundred kids shoot them and needless to say, they had a blast. We went through over 5,000 rounds in two days. They had a big blast. Lol. Right now I'm trying to get Schultz the 9mm done but I still haven't found the 80% lower that's right for me. I want nothing to do with 100%'s if I can help it. And I'm still trying to find out who make that Handguard for Hawk Eye, "24 inch .260 Remington". I have everything else, just not the Handguard. And I'm trying to find the right 12 inch to maybe 15 inch Handguard for Dimples, "16 inch 223 Remington". What can I say, I'm pretty crazy picky when I build something. Once I get a certain look in my mind I try very hard to stay with it. So far so good until I started to build Hawk Eye. Dimples is more of a "just can't make up my mind" thing. Hawk Eye is a "it's driving me nuts trying to find THAT Handguard" thing. So, I'm still looking for it.

18 hours ago, Paladin's Hammer said:

I took the four up to our youth camp and let a couple hundred kids shoot them and needless to say, they had a blast. We went through over 5,000 rounds in two days. They had a big blast.

THAT right there is how we keep our rights in place! Get the kids interested early and make firearms enthusiasts. Good job man!:thumbup:

5 hours ago, 392heminut said:

THAT right there is how we keep our rights in place! Get the kids interested early and make firearms enthusiasts. Good job man!:thumbup:

Well as far as I am concerned it is our job to teach our youth the shooting and hunting sport and that it is the individual behind the gun that does the killing. On it's own the firearm is nothing more than a thing. It has no life of it's own. Teach them while they are young and they shall not depart from it.