• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SRV Stratocaster

TeleStratMan

This jewel is a 1936 Epiphone electric guitar. My Dad made a living in St. Louis in the 30’s as a band musician. Had the opportunity to play behind a lot of famous people including Tommy Dorsey and Louis Armstrong. Our family treasures this beauty and it is kept in a safe place by a trusted family member.

97FAE8FB-CD8B-443C-BE12-E159157D8109.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

This jewel is a 1936 Epiphone electric guitar. My Dad made a living in St. Louis in the 30’s as a band musician. Had the opportunity to play behind a lot of famous people including Tommy Dorsey and Louis Armstrong. Our family treasures this beauty and it is kept in a safe place by a trusted family member.

THAT is a beautiful classic! Glad to hear it is being well taken care of!

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Man...I had that guitars cousin. It was red, and only had 2 knobs (vol and tone) but otherwise looked identical.  One of the many treasures I lost when I disowned that side of the family. Havnt spoken to any of them since the late 90s when I torched that bridge.  

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

That is very, VERY cool AL. The fact that he played with Dorsey and Armstrong, is way cool. Those were the days of true musicians. Probably why I enjoy the era so much. They made music.....not loud noise. I don't suppose he ever played with "The Count" did he? I do love me some Count Basie.

I don’t know if he did or not. In those days, most the musicians in a “famous” band, except for a few key members, were locals. The band leader would come in, hire musicians to fill in the band, they would practice a little bit, play their gigs, get paid, and the band leader would be on to the next town and gigs. So my Dad would be hired for gigs in and around St. Louis. It kept him in money until the job market got better.

Edited by Sisco

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

Very Nice Instrument.