• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This 9mm ammo impressed me.

Exhail

1 minute ago, Exhail said:

Nope. Got a picture?

Yeah, I do - but why did you reply in the way you did, acting like you know about the .500 Black aluminum round?

Hold on a sec, I'll get that pic.

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, Exhail said:

That would actually be a decent home defense round. It's not gonna go far, or through 5 walls. A direct hit would be devastating. 

It's 6k fps. It'll go through your whole house, vaporizing shiit on it's way.  It's not a home defense round.  A direct hit, at "not long range" is exactly why it's here.  And it is devastating.

11 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

It's 6k fps. It'll go through your whole house, vaporizing shiit on it's way.  It's not a home defense round.  A direct hit, at "not long range" is exactly why it's here.  And it is devastating.

10 4 on that! I forgot, it is moving pretty damn fast. Do you have a picture of one that's been shot? To see what happens on impact?

8 hours ago, Exhail said:

Lmao! Too funny! 

Wow, look at the size of that cavity. You could put your lunch in there 😊

I did a test with a mixture of Magnesium, Phosphorus in the cavity shooting a 1 pound plastic bottle of Tannerite. Blew a hole in the ground.

58c9b5f16ff80159008b5360-750-563.jpg

Edited by MikedaddyH

59 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

I did a test with a mixture of Magnesium, Phosphorus in the cavity shooting a 1 pound plastic bottle of Tannerite. Blew a hole in the ground.

58c9b5f16ff80159008b5360-750-563.jpg

I've been seeing bolt action 50 BMG's for about $3,000. So I emailed Palmetto State Armory asking them to start making them, and let's get that price down to $600. I've been waiting for a response for 3 days. I wish they would hurry.

46 minutes ago, Exhail said:

I've been seeing bolt action 50 BMG's for about $3,000. So I emailed Palmetto State Armory asking them to start making them, and let's get that price down to $600. I've been waiting for a response for 3 days. I wish they would hurry.

I’m dying! This guy flmao 

The 500Blk 185gr Aluminum round is only projected to travel around 4200 fps.... Lol, only??? That's still over 7200 ft lbs of energy!! There's not much that comes close to that kind of power.

The weight + material + velocity + shape/diameter = a short range dispersion of massive energy 

The hollow aluminum will fragment on impact and have very low penetration, BUT..... The energy will likely travel MUCH further, causing hydro-static shock possibly 10x the distance of the penetration. This would literally be an explosion of flesh, or similar materials. 

2 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

The 500Blk 185gr Aluminum round is only projected to travel around 4200 fps.... Lol, only??? That's still over 7200 ft lbs of energy!! There's not much that comes close to that kind of power.

What was the 220gr Aluminum?  That fucker was 6k fps, if I remember right.  That's the one I've got. 

You went to 185gr?!!?    That's fuckin' NUTS!!!   :lmao: