• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Affordable Night Vision suggestions

I have some  major coyote issues on my deer hunting property and was looking at some night vision scopes to have some fun with. At this time, I don't have thousand$$ to spend on gen 2 or 3/thermal optic. Was curious if any here have experience with some of the more affordable options, ATN, SIGHTMARK, NIGHT OWL etc. Are they adequate,  worth even bothering? 150 yards would me max distance for now.

1 minute ago, shooterrex said:

I have the first gen ATN. Had to get a better IR light than the one that came with it. X site does ok not great but for the money I spent I can live with it. Thermal is next. Just saving my pennies.

Thermal would be nice,  but that'll be down the road a bit. I was hoping the $600 ish range would be ok for in the woods for average range of 30 to 80 yards.fuking coyote are rampid this year!  Saw 2 middle of the afternoon during archery,  heard dozens close by when fire whistle goes off. I dont give a crap about taking pics or video, streaming etc. Just want a simple ability to sight, fire & exterminate!

sightmark was my in cheep but have yet to use it.. although it was cheep there are alot of options for my shooting partner to bluetooth my optic on his device. or record on my own. I need more time but this was a quick buy in as the  game of nv is inticing but stupid expensive$$

5 hours ago, sketch said:

sightmark was my in cheep but have yet to use it.. although it was cheep there are alot of options for my shooting partner to bluetooth my optic on his device. or record on my own. I need more time but this was a quick buy in as the  game of nv is inticing but stupid expensive$$

The Sightmark Wraith caught my eye. Looked more compact than their photon RT or the XT models, but not as user friendly on the focus or battery swap in the dark

In reality,  for 4  legged undesirables,  a  red/ green light will work as well for $75 to $200 at distances out to 600 yds ish. Filtered light doesn't seem to spook game too harshly in my experiences. Just be nice having the NV for the 2 legged varmint, should the necessity arise. 

Screenshot_20191124-134046.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

Night owl Night shot would actually be perfect for close quarters in the woods. Simple!! If it wasn't for the 1 fuken stupid design flaw of having the battery compartment on the BOTTOM OF THE SCOPE!! DUMB AS$ design! I see no way to add a external battery pack to even rectify the issue.

Screenshot_20191124-193155.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade