• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for a DPMS G2 Recon Barrel

rnewman_11

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, willbird said:

How about 260 or 243 ?? I know not exactly what you asked but if I had a G2 I would grab one of each of the 16" ;-).

https://www.cdnnsports.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=DPMS+G2

Bill

If I had a GII, I'd grab both those as well - especially since DPMS is out of business now...  Remington shut them down.

15 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

You could almost see something like that coming with all the DPMS and Bushmaster parts on CDNN over these last several months.

Yep - liquidating inventory. 

I think we got all those $50 SIG 12.5" barrels because Gas-Port-Drilling Guy couldn't put the port in the same place everytime...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Yep - liquidating inventory. 

I think we got all those $50 SIG 12.5" barrels because Gas-Port-Drilling Guy couldn't put the port in the same place everytime...  :thumbup:

5 barrels measured and all in the same place, only slight difference in port size and that could very well be my chinese measuring tools. One of these is a SIG factory rifle barrel. Not sure where these different gas tube lengths are coming from.

3 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

5 barrels measured and all in the same place, only slight difference in port size and that could very well be my chinese measuring tools. One of these is a SIG factory rifle barrel. Not sure where these different gas tube lengths are coming from.

I haven't even started on mine yet - barrel is in a drawer, no kidding.    I need to pick up another receiver, mount the thing, and see what's what.  Your original gas tube was 11.000", right?

Edited by 98Z5V

1 minute ago, jtallen83 said:

@98Z5V Yep, 11 inches, it gives me about an 1/8 in difference in the cut out between a Matrix, DPMS, and Aero uppers.

I might just order one from White Oak and roll the dice.  I've never even put my barrel in an upper yet - just bought it and stocked it away.  :thumbup:

Thanks for the info everyone.  Im not opposed to using 243 or 260, but that was not my target.  (I've used 243 for a number of years and have some left over ammo.  I switched to 308 for more punch during hunting season and availability of better and less expensive  factory ammo.)  My target is a 16" 308 Win barrel for my G2. 

Again, to my knowledge there are only a few aftermarket barrel makers for the G2 pattern to start with.  At the moment, I have been unable to locate an off the shelf barrel in 16 inch.  ( No, I have not called any barrel makers to feel out the custom barrel cost.  I'll take the hit on that one.)  Thus, my original request.  

If you know of anyone that swapped a G2 Recon barrel and it has been mothballed in their closet, I would be willing to make an offer on it.  I saw a post not too long ago where someone swapped a recon barrel.

Thanks again.