• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

375 SOCOM pistol

Radioactive

Got some more stuff from tromix today couldn’t wait to post it up here are the details.

stripped upper can’t remember who made it, ejection port enlarged and door hinge tabs removed.

Bcm forward assist modified to act as a vent path not a fa

pri reflex gas buster charging handle

troy industries iron sights

anderson  80% lower

san tan tactical lower parts kit

magpul k2+ grip od green

tailhook mod 2 brace od green

aero precision bolt carrier

mil spec trigger from another rifle can’t remember which

tromix 10.5 inch barrel with head spaced bolt along with low profile gas block and gas tube

odin works o2 lite 12.5” handguard
Springco carbine spring

carbine buffer

griffin armament revolution 45 can

redding dies with lee crimp die

325 gr maker bullets - these things look impressive (see pic)

should get the upper lower and hand guard prepped and cerakoted od green this weekend

Small parts including trigger, sights, fa, and charging handle will be black as well as suppressor. 
should get brass delivered on sat. 
will build after paint 

should be about it I think as I haven’t settled on red dot or laser and light

sometime next week for pics (I hope)

22F2AE8E-7C8D-4E6E-8C0F-221584BC5C48.jpeg

Ok this is a 300 BLK bullet, not a 375 Socom, but its a Maker.  Shows some real world results that those relief cuts create.  200 gr subsonic running 970-980fps at the chrono about 8ft from the muzzle.  Hit the deer between the brisket and right shoulder.  Messed up heart and maybe a lung and lodged in the stomach.  Deer went 40 yards and piled up. 

IMG_4201.thumb.JPG.6f8b0576832aaf76c0ada3df61c13af3.JPG

IMG_4202.thumb.JPG.886fb3c3ced82a45caeb7fd9216fa353.JPG

One thing I have seen with all three deer I've taken with this bullet is no bloodtrail.  This shot was head on into the chest and the other two were broadside in and outs.  HUGE exit wounds but no blood found anywhere but under the deer once it flopped.  Two of them were with full snow cover on the ground.  You aren't tracking a deer after a sub hit.  Your looking for a dead deer.  My shots from now on are going into the neck.

I have heard that before about subs in the blk. I’m not going to use this for hunting except hunting bad guys inside my house.

i would like to find a gel test vid but have been unsuccessful in that end ever. Maybe  I’ll have to do my own. 
I did see one in a vid that was recovered but not sure from where. It looked very similar to yours.

here is a vid of the 375 socom subsonic (3rd) that got me thinking about this and then you enablers lit the fuse.

Edited by Radioactive

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Those projectiles look NASTY!!!   :hail:

I was unaware how big they actually were. I don’t have girly man hands but not huge either( large end of med). That thing looks and feels huge in my hand. Haha did I just type that?

I got the upper, lower, and handguard blasted and prepped for cerakote. Gonna squirt some paint on em today or tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Radioactive said:

I was unaware how big they actually were.

8 hours ago, Radioactive said:

That thing looks and feels huge in my hand.

Can't resist this one...

THAT is what SHE said...  :banana:

41 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

Well I missed a spot and will have to respray the lower tomorrow. Back of lower where buffer tube screws on. It was at the bottom and I thought I got it but missed. Other than that it looks great

The stock or the carbine endplate will cover that.  :thumbup:

:ttiwwop:

After reading about respray issues I decided to hit the back with sharpie since it is covered by the end anti rotation plate. The handguard turned out real nice and was the thing I was worried the most about due to all the empty space. Will get it assembled today and get a pic or two up when it’s done.

Right on - nice work. :thumbup: That stuff is easy, once you get the hang of it, and get the spray gun dialed in.  I never go over 20psi, and put an adjustable pressure gauge right on the air inlet of the gun.  Major adjustment on the regulator on the compressor, and then fine tune the mini regulator/gauge right on the heel of the spray gun.  Works wonders. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started prepping my brass

sized, trimmed, flash hole debured. Tumbling now to clean and remove case lube. While brass dries I’ll get my suppressor and handguard off so I can hang the magnetospeed off the end. If all goes as planned will make sure the loads are subsonic the reassemble the gun and see if it runs. At almost 2 bucks a pop I want to do this in as few rounds as possible.

Well she runs pretty well. 1060ish FPS using 10.8 grains 700x pushing that 325 grain maker bullet. Definitely hearing safe with the suppressor. Cycles like it should and locks bolt back on last round. Will see how accurate it is today at home defense distance. All the shooting yesterday was without a front sight and handguard. No chrono today

Edited by Radioactive
Typo

Rain held off long enough to get out and sight in the 375. I’m not the best peep sight shooter out there by a long shot but moved it left and down I think she’ll do for a house gun. Only took about 5 shots to get it pretty close off a back pack rest at 50 yards. I then hooked up the chrono and ran some off hand. I tend to pull it a little right off hand with the crap milspec trigger. Speeds from 1062 -1098 the hotter it got the higher the speed as I would expect. I’m gonna get me a melon to shoot and vid it.

5177BA84-78BA-4433-AA17-4C63BE27CE04.jpeg