• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Appeals court upholds Washington DC semi-automatic rifle ban

A ban on semi-automatic rifles and large-capacity ammunition magazines in the capital city got a boost on Tuesday from a U.S. appeals court that upheld the prohibition as constitutional, a setback for gun rights activists.

The ruling upheld a lower court decision that found the ban and regulations by the city of Washington did not violate the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment that permits individuals to possess firearms.

The U.S. Appeals Court for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled 2-1 in favor of the city’s ban, which is one of the toughest in the United States and also includes a prohibition on semi-automatic pistols and shotguns.

Source: Jeremy Pelofsky for Reuters.

just trying to figure out why we can't seem to get help on exploiting the violation of our rights procured from our founding fathers on issues like the second amendment. oh yeah, we are "gun nuts", and we by default must be going to violate some laws sooner or later, or something to that effect. i just don't get it. it got to be a money issue somewhere. gotta be.. <dontknow>

The anti gunners have had a long time to set up this with putting there people in the right places ,just look at the Supreme court.

What most people don't realize is , this has been a concentrated effort on there part to undermine our Constitutional rights & this country 's ways for a long time .

It was said that the only way to defeat America is from with in ,because we are too strong to take on in a face to face fight.

The anti gunners have had a long time to set up this with putting there people in the right places ,just look at the Supreme court.

What most people don't realize is , this has been a concentrated effort on there part to undermine our Constitutional rights & this country 's ways for a long time .

It was said that the only way to defeat America is from with in ,because we are too strong to take on in a face to face fight.

I concur, completely.  <thumbsup>  The one thing that keeps REALLY getting under my skin is how this current government even entertains the thought of adopting that pushy BS from the UN, over private gun ownership.  There's only ONE reason for that - disarm the citizens of this country.  I don't give a rat's ass about the gun laws of other countries, nor do I care to be "like them" in some plan for the "greater good."  My constitution was written for the specific purpose that my country would never turn out like that...

My constitution was written for the specific purpose that my country would never turn out like that...

I agree with you 100%, and add that the same constitution has provisions for the people should they deem their government to be overstepping their bounds. However, the principle that the majority rules is what defeats anyone ever using our 'Get out of Jail Free' card. The common mindset has changed from "by the people for the people"... Now it's "the goverment knows what is best and they will get us out of this mess". There are a few of us who know better, but few is the key word there. Just my .02  <dontknow>

and..by some complete bizzaroworld logic...they are using the ATFs massive screw-up known as "fast and furious" as an example of why we need tighter gun control. it hurts to even think about it.

That was the ultimate hidden agenda, right there.  Just, without the government "getting caught..."  Sneak guns into Mexico, let the cartels do with them what they'll do, and eventually the guns get implicated again across the border - here. 

That jacked up hidden agenda was to show how "shitty" our gun laws are, since so many ended up killing people down south, and here, with the laws we DO have.  If succesful as planned, or "dreamed" by these people, it would have been landslide-victory sized evidence to tighten things up even more...

That's not conspiracy-theory stuff - that's what they were really trying to do...

I need to go hide my dog now.  :o