• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did I do wrong? Help

Louiswp

10 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Are you contextualizing the whole forum by one deleted comment, or did I misunderstand your meaning?

This is a great community of folks and we do our best to welcome newcomers. I'm not sure what your beef is here....

No it's just the one guy that went on a rant. Then deleted his post. 98 is his/her user name. Everyone else has been pretty good 

6 hours ago, Louiswp said:

98 is his/her user name. Everyone else has been pretty good 

You won't find anyone here more knowledgeable on this platform. First time I recall him deleting anything, you should take that as a compliment, he must have thought you deserved a little slack. 

Hit up the intro section please.

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/22-introductions/

12 hours ago, Louiswp said:

No it's just the one guy that went on a rant. Then deleted his post. 98 is his/her user name. Everyone else has been pretty good 

You can bitch about me all you want, with all the free info you got, and you never obliged a single thing asked of you.  Can't even go make an Intro Post and tell us about yourself, like suggested of all new members that seem like they just want free information.  Your free info from me dried up, until you find a way to accomplish that task.  I'm sure you can muscle through it, somehow.

Oh, I never delete anything that I say, either.  Never. 

25 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You can bitch about me all you want, with all the free info you got, and you never obliged a single thing asked of you.  Can't even go make an Intro Post and tell us about yourself, like suggested of all new members that seem like they just want free information.  Your free info from me dried up, until you find a way to accomplish that task.  I'm sure you can muscle through it, somehow.

Oh, I never delete anything that I say, either.  Never. 

Sure thing, I copied part of it before it was deleted. I sent you all the info I had, and responded to the others that were trying to help. But the parts weren't available. So I decided to try and make my own part for testing. That's when you decided to post the comment I attached. I thanked you for the help you were giving then you decided to be a complete prick. 20200920_155513.thumb.jpg.64d2b598653175dec6f12908db9d19d9.jpg

That's cute.  Please point out where I called you a whiner, or at least positively identify the "whining" that you referenced earlier.

And please leave me a link to your intro post, that was requested of you numerous times prior to that - and again - by others - after that.  I'll wait...   :popcorn:

Please point out how I offended you.  I'm not sorry - you're just a dick, looking for free information, with zero intentions of actually being a member of this board, and you've demonstrated that, all on your own.

Oh, and I didn't delete my own comment.  I never do that.  Smooches.  :thumbup:

33 minutes ago, Louiswp said:

Sure thing, I copied part of it before it was deleted. I sent you all the info I had, and responded to the others that were trying to help. But the parts weren't available. So I decided to try and make my own part for testing. That's when you decided to post the comment I attached. I thanked you for the help you were giving then you decided to be a complete prick. 20200920_155513.thumb.jpg.64d2b598653175dec6f12908db9d19d9.jpg

@98Z5Vis one of the  top standup guys around here! ALWAYS willing to help others, a wealth of quality knowledge, just as welcoming as anyone else here & an all around good fellow. You, being a noob here , ignoring multiple requests to do an introduction while seeking free advise, then exhibiting the disrespect to trash someone you know nothing about , shows a great amount of ignorance & disrespect on your part. Text online is easily misinterpreted & taken improperly out of context. It lacks emotion compared to talking face to face which can easily be taken the wrong way , which may be the case here. Maybe lose the chip on your shoulder & try to read things a little more open mindedly. You'll find this is a very good place.

8 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

@98Z5Vis one of the  top standup guys around here! ALWAYS willing to help others, a wealth of quality knowledge, just as welcoming as anyone else here & an all around good fellow. You, being a noob here , ignoring multiple requests to do an introduction while seeking free advise, then exhibiting the disrespect to trash someone you know nothing about , shows a great amount of ignorance & disrespect on your part. Text online is easily misinterpreted & taken improperly out of context. It lacks emotion compared to talking face to face which can easily be taken the wrong way , which may be the case here. Maybe lose the chip on your shoulder & try to read things a little more open mindedly. You'll find this is a very good place.

Never said he wasn't knowledgeable. I never said anything disrespectful and gave all the info I could when asked by all the people trying to help. Scroll through and tell me where I said anything remotely disrespectful prior to him posting his jabs at me. I posted the comment above and its pretty straight forward.

9 minutes ago, Louiswp said:

Never said he wasn't knowledgeable. I never said anything disrespectful and gave all the info I could when asked by all the people trying to help. Scroll through and tell me where I said anything remotely disrespectful prior to him posting his jabs at me. I posted the comment above and its pretty straight forward.

You missed your mark - you stated "whining" or "Whiny" - please point those out.  Your words. 

Your complete disrespect for the entire board came when you were asked multiple times for an Intro post, and you blew that off, only seeking free information, instead.  That's the disrespect, right there, for the entire board here, that puts in all the time to GIVE information to so many people, routinely, of our own accord. 

Once our congeniality is pissed on, we tend to turn away. 

Edited by 98Z5V

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You missed your mark - you stated "whining" or "Whiny" - please point those out.  Your words. 

Your complete disrespect for the entire board came when you were asked multiple times for an Intro post, and you blew that off, only seeking free information, instead.  That's the disrespect, right there, for the entire board here, that puts in all the time to GIVE information to so many people, routinely, of our own accord. 

Once our congeniality is pissed on, we tend to turn away. 

I said whining after your initial post that you deleted. Look at the date and time.

Where does it say in the forum that I have to pay to ask questions or get info? I thought that was the purpose of all the vendor listings.

I have now posted on the intro section. Never seen a person so interested in someones background. 

26 minutes ago, Louiswp said:

I said whining after your initial post that you deleted. Look at the date and time.

Where does it say in the forum that I have to pay to ask questions or get info? I thought that was the purpose of all the vendor listings.

I have now posted on the intro section. Never seen a person so interested in someones background. 

Told you time, and time again - I don't delete ANY of my posts here, ever.  And that means EVER.  I say what I mean, like it or not. I give zero shiits if it offends someone here.  That's me, and I've never wavered from that - in all my life, here, or anywhere else.

You don't have to "pay" anything here, besides becoming a member of the board.  You "paid" what?  How much money?  Oh, you "paid" TIME.  That's all.  You were unwilling to do that, make an Intro - you just wanted free info, so you could move on.  You were here for YOU - zero fuks given for the information that members of this board have learned, the hard way, through years and years of trial an error - mistakes, learning, modifications, corrections to guns, - just to make them run. You just demanded the experience of others, with no output from you, or who you are.  That's all we "charge."  Tell us about YOU.  I'm not the one that needs the info that you're asking about - and neither is anyone else here, that has the info that you're asking about.  We worked for it, the hard way, and just "figured it out" over the long term.  Our small pennance is...  Tell us about YOU. 

For some reason, you thought that you were OWED that information, that so many here have worked years - decades - to obtain, and work out.  Perfect example - you were simply asked, very early on in this thread, to make an introduction, and tell us about yourself.  That's our "paycheck" here on this board - become a member of the board.  You had none of that.  Instead, you blew that off, but you STILL got your information, didn't you?...  :popcorn:

We only ask people here to GIVE when they GET, and become real members - share information. 

You were having none of it.  You were greeted, eventually, as you greeted those that GAVE you information.  When it didn't turn out in your favor, you were suddenly "offended."   Get over yourself. 

I never delete anything that I say here.  Ever.  You need to correct yourself on that.  If that post is gone, it wasn't anything that I did - I never hide from my own words.  Unfuk yourself on that thought-process.  If you can. 

Thanks for your Intro - finally - that you were asked for initially - 'bout time you got with the program.  Well done, on your part. 

Edited by 98Z5V

This is pretty simple, Louiswp:

I'll spell it all out if you don't want to click the link.

•  
  • imschur
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  •  
  • 7,210 posts

Violating any forum rule will result in a warning or permanent ban from this site. There are no second warnings. Any Administrator may warn or ban a user for violating forum rules. Moderators may warn users or recommend a user be banned to any Administrator. We trust their judgement and will respond accordingly.

Rules:

1.  No conversations in which the subject content relates to circumventing federal, state and local firearm laws
2.  No advertising or product promotion without being a site sponsor. This includes promotion through an avatar or your signature. Contact  administrator imschur for details on the possibility of becoming a sponsor.
3.  Treat each other with respect. We have a zero tolerance for trolling, instigating and lying.
4.  If you disagree be factual do not rely on word of mouth and rumors.
5.  No derogatory remarks about people, websites and manufacturers. If you have an issue with a manufacturer back it up with evidence such as pictures.
6.  Representing this site for your own gain elsewhere on the net.
7.  Do not register under multiple accounts
8.  No racist or hate remarks
9.  No inappropriate pictures and subject matter
10. Represent yourself truthfully - Do not misrepresent your status, position, rank etc.
11. Transactions between forum members, advertisers and sponsors are your own personal responsibilities. However If a sale or trade was conducted from a members post, a reply that the transaction went well is encouraged.
12. Sponsors and Advertisers are not exempt from the forum rules.
13. Poor conduct at other sites - Most staff members are members of other popular firearm forums. It's a safe bet that if someone is a problem elsewhere they will be a problem here.
14.  Do not post others content as your own
15. No use of tracking links or revenue generating links to benefit an individual member.
16. Keep pictures of dead animals in the hunting section. Remember while we all share a common interest in firearms not all members and gun owners are hunters.
17. Group buys must be approved by imschur
18. Picture's or it did not happen. Do not discredit a product or organization without factual proof that you can share publicly.

While it's our hope that everyone will get along peacefully, we understand that some people just wont fit in here. We reserve the right to ban or remove anyone from this site for any reason we choose for the benefit of the community as a whole.

*Do have fun
*Do invite your friends
*Please use our sponsors when possible

*Piss me or the staff off and your gone. I will always side with them.

***Disclaimer***
As this is a public forum use the information contained here at your own risk. You are responsible for your own actions and safety

Edited by 98Z5V