• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Changed handguard now charging handle locks

Fmtreading

I think you are confusing the bolt being locked up so tight with the charging handle being stuck. The 308AR's need broken in. When I built my pistol it was hard to get the charging handle pulled back w/a round in the chamber. Like collapse the stock and bang the butt on the ground while pulling on the charging handle hard. This is not the case after several hundred rounds. The gun functioned ok when shot but not when operated by hand till it broke in.

You might try shooting it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shooterrex said:

Ok the charging handle shouldn't go "off track" w/the bolt carrier group installed.

Yep, right there - not even possible.

OP, post a pic of your complete BCG, with a tape measure showing how long it is.

Post a pic of your buffer length, full description of the recoil system and all it's parts, with measurements...

I'll think of more, but that should do for now.

Something is seriously wrong with your gun, if you pull your changing handle all the way back, and it just falls out like that - it went back far enough to get through the channel cutout to TAKE the charging handle out - and that shouldn't even be possible on an assembled upper.

Edited by 98Z5V

This is rapidly coming down into the "information required" in Albro's Waterboarding thread.

OP, you need to get the kind of details up here that are listed in that thread above ^^^ for us to go any further. 

I hope you get that.

Just now, Fmtreading said:

I'm getting the parts im describing from those 2 sources.Im sure its equivalent to the guide you just posted as that guide is missing a lot of parts.I already read that guide when you first posted it.

Then FOLLOW what Albro posted in that, very carefully, and give the full descriptions, measurements, and details of your parts.

Once you have all that info - post it up.

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

OP, post a pic of your complete BCG, with a tape measure showing how long it is.

Post a pic of your buffer length, full description of the recoil system and all it's parts, with measurements...

I'll think of more, but that should do for now.

Something is seriously wrong with your gun, if you pull your changing handle all the way back, and it just falls out like that - it went back far enough to get through the channel cutout to TAKE the charging handle out - and that shouldn't even be possible on an assembled upper.

You missed this post I asked you about?...

17 minutes ago, Fmtreading said:

and of course the charging handle will fall out as the bcg holds it into the upper as bcg hits the buffer tube it will keep the charging handle from going off track.That was a miscommunication i was seriously asked do it with no bcg installed so I did it.

That was never something that I asked you to do, in the least, and a test like that makes zero sense to perform - or even ask someone to do.

14 minutes ago, Fmtreading said:

also I said front pins are tight they dont slide like back ones are smooth front ones are almost grinding making me think i bent the front take down pin or bent the lower receiver where front takedown pin is installed.

Measure the front pin then. It's pretty short, and if it's bent, it should be pretty obvious.

If you'd really read that thread that Albro posted, you'd know the details that are required here.  Yet, you still don't know what information we need - but you stated you read it.  Well,then, get me the information that I asked you for on the recoil system already.

Go fetch.

You need to look at something here - we're on the other side of a monitor, with you typing.  We're trying to HELP YOU figure out what's going on with your malfunctioning gun. We ask for a very, VERY specific set of details in order to HELP YOU.

You have not provided those details.  You might THINK you have, but you have not.  Go fetch me every detail that Albro posted in his thread, and post those very specific details right here in this thread, and I'll solve your problem.

Until you do that very thing, then nobody here can help you anymore.

POST:  Just the fact that you just put up a pic of the OVERALL length of your damn receiver extension proves that you never, not once, read through Albro's post on Waterboarding.

Go READ that thread from him that I linked, ALL the way through.  No one here can do a damn thing with the OVERALL LENGTH of your receiver extension, and that number isn't even important.  Read the fucking thread that was linked to you, and get the information back here that the linked thread asks.  Until then, you're just wasting our time, and your time.

In THIS thread, right here, you ARE Jeff Spicolli...