• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any truth to this?

I got this emailed to me yesterday , I hope there is no truth to it & its a email scam .

Friday, October 07, 2011 10:58

I was able to verify the story below and it is true. "The Freedom Group has been buying up American gun and ammunition manufactures freedom-group.com The Freedom Group is control by Cerberus Capital Management which is controlled by George Soros which controls all arms & ammo makers in the US. forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=142044

The George Soros controlled private equity company Cerberus Capital Management could cut off all gun and ammunition sales in the US. Apparently, the American people are totally unaware that Cerberus has for the past decade acquired nearly every gun and ammunition maker in the United States and consolidated them into a holding company called The Freedom Group. 

For the last several years a company called "The Freedom Group" has been buying up American gun and ammunition manufacturers. www.freedom-group.com/

Some of these companies are:

Bushmaster,

Marlin,

Remington,

DPMS,

Dakota Arms and

H&R.

DPMS Panther Arms

NEF

Dakota Arms

LC Smith

Parker

AAC

Barnes Bullets

EOTAC

INTC

Some people worry that Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. Of course, If you control the manufacturers you can decide not to sell to civilians, or, you can raise the prices to rediculous levels or you can make the supply of guns and ammo scarce - all sorts of logjams.

What a perfect way to control America's guns!

If you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a Wall Street investment company called "Cerberus Capital Management".

"Cerberus" in the epic book "The Inferno" by Dante Alighieri, is a three-headed demon hound (from Roman mythology) that guards the Gates of Hell to prevent those damned souls who have just crossed the river Styx, from escaping back to the world.

Investor GEORGE SOROS owns Cerberus!

bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/10/cerberus-plans-ipo-for-freedom-group-companies-remington-bushmaster-marlin-dpms/

Here's a comment from this web site: Cerberus is big enough to make waves in Washington. Money talks in politics and Cerberus has lots of it.”

I found this in a quick search........ I'll dig for more info later.

http://www.shootingnews.com.au/news/1110%20NEWS/111011%20NEWS%20soros%20cerberus.php

Damn ,I feel so much better now . I kinda knew it was BS , but had to see what the troops had to say.

As far as snopes goes , I don't put much stock in them at all .

• 1 month later...

Wall Street Buys Up Guns

The Daily Bell

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturers … Some gun enthusiasts have claimed that the power behind the company is actually George Soros, the hedge-fund billionaire and liberal activist. Soros, these people have warned, is buying U.S. gun companies so he can dismantle the industry, Second Amendment be damned. The chatter grew so loud that the National Rifle Association issued a statement in October denying the rumors.

“NRA has had contact with officials from Cerberus and Freedom Group for some time,” the NRA assured its members. “The owners and investors involved are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and are avid hunters and shooters.” Soros isn’t behind the Freedom Group, but, ultimately, another financier is: Stephen Feinberg, the chief executive of Cerberus. Cerberus is part of one of the signature Wall Street businesses of the past decade: private equity. – New York Times

Dominant Social Theme: It’s just business, nothing more to it.

Free-Market Analysis: Another subdominant social theme? It’s always the same. The Anglosphere power elite is on its way to buying up all the oil, water and farmland in the world (with or without China), or so it seems, and we are told it is the evolution of the free-market economy. Sure …

And now … guns. Not George Soros, mind you.

Read the rest here:

http://thedailybell.com/3327/Wall-Street-Buys-Up-Guns

I busted the Soros thing to someone else but they claimed they saw an ownership list on a business oriented website, and it's true!  It's true! 

I don't care who owns those companies...their quality controls suck due to penny pinching.  They've ceased all operation of Marlin lever-gun due to stupid management.  Bushmaster had issues when Big R took over too.  Always the same thing...move operations, make it impossible for trained skillsmen to stay with the move, pinch pennies, dissatisfy customers, laugh all the way to the bank.

It is a major problem when non-gun money makers get into making guns, they don't care about guns.  If the government says "Shut down operations," there goes a majority of gun makers.

Jon

They've ceased all operation of Marlin lever-gun due to stupid management. 

However, with the demise of the Marlin levers, Mossberg took notice, and they're making a damn nice lever gun now.  Check that thing out.  <thumbsup>

I have to say that I have been impressed with Mossberg lately. My favorite bolt rifle is an old beat up Mossberg 308. It's killed just about everything that walks California (and a few other states).

I see the purchase of a Mossberg Silver Reserve .410 O/U in my future.. I love quail!

75416.jpg

My only issue is their new AR-15. That is the ugliest damned grip I have ever seen!

I concur, my brother.  I absolutely love Moss shotguns.  Got another shot-build planned right now, as a matter of fact.  ;D  One day, when I get my gun-poop together and stop getting distracted by "right-now" builds, I will buy this Moss 464.  <thumbsup>

41020.jpg

The Mossberg 464s had issues when they first came out, don't know if they are resolved yet.  Extractors are stamped and would break and/or detach.

Their are others too that make good levers.  I still want a Henry, as they are made in Brooklyn, NY, kind of a way to say "Screw you Schumer!"

Jon

• 2 weeks later...