• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Are ALL DPMS & BUSHMASTER parts interchangeable.

NSpyer

Rather than replace the hand guards, I decided to order this. BTW, excellent forum & members.  <thumbsup>

DPMS LR-308 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 308 Winchester 1 in 10" Twist 24" Bull Barrel Stainless Steel with Free Float Handguard

139076.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/139076/dpms-lr-308-flat-top-upper-assembly-308-winchester-1-in-10-twist-24-bull-barrel-stainless-steel-with-free-float-handguard

Thanks RoboCop.

I have several ideas in the works. For the .308 caliber, I'm looking at a Savage 10FCP-K or a 10FP-SR and my new Bushmaster ORC. I have yet to decide which suppressor I'm going with, but I intend to float it between both rifles. I'll use it on the Bushmaster ORC "original" upper and which ever Savage I decide to go with.

I want this 24" upper with the free floating hand guard for a cleaner/sleeker look. Not to mention the "reach out and touch something" appeal.

I want to do my part to stimulate the economy.

• 3 months later...

Rather than replace the hand guards, I decided to order this. BTW, excellent forum & members.  <thumbsup>

DPMS LR-308 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 308 Winchester 1 in 10" Twist 24" Bull Barrel Stainless Steel with Free Float Handguard

139076.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/139076/dpms-lr-308-flat-top-upper-assembly-308-winchester-1-in-10-twist-24-bull-barrel-stainless-steel-with-free-float-handguard

i have this upper...its a heavy beast. ill probably be chopping that barrel down or selling it to buy a FA titan upper. ive heard people complain about the extra high rcvr rail....but honestly it puts the scope at the perfect height with my bobro mount and PRS stock. very comfortable.

• 7 years later...
19 minutes ago, JRN said:

Youtube sucks, Google stars one in the wrong direction.

Can I drop a hardened arms full upper on my panther arms lower? .223 5.56.

It looks to be easy.....as long as both companies keep their upper and lower forging within "mil-spec" measurements on the pin holes. You might end up with  color variations, slight differences in forging/finishing profiles, but I see no reason they shouldn't go together and work.

Neither of my AR15 carbine have matched uppers/lowers by brand or anything else, and they both work just fine. They are supposedly in "mil-spec" condition....as manufactered.....hence they should work together, if you understand what I am saying.

3 hours ago, JRN said:

Youtube sucks, Google stars one in the wrong direction.

Can I drop a hardened arms full upper on my panther arms lower? .223 5.56.

Welcome to the forum.  Please start a thread to introduce yourself.

As @bubbas4570 said, any AR15 upper and lower should fit together if made correctly.  They should function well with most standard parts.