• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

For your viewing pleasure

12 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Eh, that's that certain guy's opinion.  I don't agree with him.  There are cases that you WANT those pins, and nothing else works.  He's talking about reducing hammer speed because there's not a j-spring groove, and a bunch of things - making an issue that doesn't exist.  Because he doesn't like those pins.

Better put 'em in your pistol-cal ARs, men!   Blowbacks will break hammer pins.  Know where?  Right where that groove is, for the j-spring.  If you have registered REAL full-auto guns - wouldn't it suck to lose that registered lower and that registered serial number, because the fire control group pins got all hogged out with use?  How much will that registered pre-'86 lower cost you again?  $15 grand?... 

See?...   There's a definite reason for them. 

Edited by 98Z5V

KNS Started it all - for the very reason of not killing your precious NFA item, over time, and wear - and round count.

KNS even makes one for the sear pin.  I'd look into that one, too. 

I like how the author stated something about 10,000 rounds, and measuring wear...  Whatever.  I've shot twice that over a weekend from my M4A1 - and didn't care.  Armorers would fix it, get me a lower if need be.  That don't happen in Civi-World.  There aren't "replacement legal full-auto lowers" just laying around.  And round count on .mil guns can be way higher than what was stated in that article...  just from routine, real training...  

https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/non-rotating-sear-pin/

KNS Precision M16 Non-Rotating Sear Pin | 10% Off 5 Star Rating Free  Shipping over $49!

Edited by 98Z5V