• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FTF / NO LOCK BACK last round

DJ619

On 9/8/2021 at 1:58 AM, 98Z5V said:

Gas tube is damn near there, right in the middle of the cam-pin cutout in that upper receiver, from the pic he posted.  I'd leave the gas tube alone for now, and focus on that recoil system.  Fix that, and we move to gas port diameter int he barrel, next.  Gas tube doesn't look bad to me.

Springco orange spring and 5.6oz buffer installed. 

Gas block fully open(15clicks out) 150grain eject but wouldnt pick up next round. Few stove pipes

178grain wont eject at all gb full open.   

20in Barrel rifle length gas port is .077 should i enlarge?  

1 hour ago, DJ619 said:

Checked gas block it was aligned perfect. 

I missed that in your first post  - yes, that's way too small.  20" rifle gas with a 0.750" journal diameter needs a gas port that's 0.093"~0.096".  Break out the numbered drill bits and the drill... 

Edited by 98Z5V

17 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I missed that in your first post  - yes, that's way too small.  20" rifle gas with a 0.750" journal diameter needs a gas port that's 0.093"~0.096".  Break out the numbered drill bits and the drill... 

Thanks. I got a .093 bit. Will drill out tomoro and test in next few days. A quality barrel is in near future tho. Not sure on brand yet? $300-$400 range. Been look at the FAXON FIREARMS 20" heavy fluted 

1 hour ago, DJ619 said:

Thanks. I got a .093 bit. Will drill out tomoro and test in next few days. A quality barrel is in near future tho. Not sure on brand yet? $300-$400 range. Been look at the FAXON FIREARMS 20" heavy fluted 

Before you buy a new barrel - let's see if this one shoots.  Fix that gas port, run the gun - you never know.  You might have the needle in the haystack here.  Run it.  :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 12:04 AM, 98Z5V said:

Before you buy a new barrel - let's see if this one shoots.  Fix that gas port, run the gun - you never know.  You might have the needle in the haystack here.  Run it.  :thumbup:

Drilled barrel gas port to .093 functions flawless now. (Gas block 9clicks open 168gn)locks back on last round and not one FTF yet.   Less than 1moa at 100yd. THANK YOU FOR ALL HELP EVERYONE. 

On 10/17/2021 at 6:46 PM, DJ619 said:

Drilled barrel gas port to .093 functions flawless now. (Gas block 9clicks open 168gn)locks back on last round and not one FTF yet.   Less than 1moa at 100yd. THANK YOU FOR ALL HELP EVERYONE. 

Gotta love it when a plan comes together and works as expected.... Glad to hear your rifle is running the way it should!