• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.44 magnum semiautomatic project (MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT 2/18/2012)

MaDuce

• 3 weeks later...

Today, Saturday, February 18 at 3:16PM Pacific Standard Time, the .44 Magnum Sova fired a live round for the first time. The load was a Miwall 240gr led cast round.

The gun not only fired the round without any damage or the slightest indication of parts battering but the recoil was extraordinarily light. By average comprehension about 25% less then what that same load produces in the Desert Eagle.

THE .44 MAGNUM SOVA WORKS!

• 4 weeks later...

WOW. Allot of different things came to their conclusion today. The extractor was installed and an ejector as well. Actually, the ejector is built in to the top of the magazine feed lips but one magazine with a properly crafted ejector is now done. So the cartridges extract and eject now.

I also got a reliable trigger installed but the dis-connector is not yet working. FYI, I put a temporary block on the link so the slide will not cycle while the finger is on the trigger in order to prevent "full-auto status.

Anyway, we're very close. It's down to the dis-connector and automatic slide release. An automatic slide release takes 8 hours to make on any given gun, so that's just a 1 day project.

We're going to get a week of rain now so I doubt any progress will be made in that time, but I'll at least try to get you guys a picture of the gun with the trigger and extractor installed during a break in the rain if we get one.