• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to Community with BM .308 ORC

lie2me

Very recently retired from the military.

Been away from civilian weapons for a LONG time and am really looking forward to getting up to speed on the AR styled weapons.  I was real close to grabbing the Springfield Socom 16, but the AR styled weapons have so MANY options, I couldn't pass it up. I committed to the AR because I am familiar with it. I'm finally in the Black Gun Club!!!  I did get a Springfield, but it was the XD .40.

Since retirement: BM .308 ORC, S&W Bodygaurd(wife's), Mossberg 500, XD .40(3.8in--CCL)

Few other guns in the safe and 'around'--Glock26 Gen3, and the Browning BL-22 Grade2 with a Redfield scope(first gun owned, given as a gift from my dad when I was 14.)

Been around guns forever, but never actually bought any...always had free guns and ammo in the infantry. lol

Thank you for creating this Forum.  I feel like I bought a bit of an oddball with my choice of weapon.

I will be starting a thread on setting up my weapon etc.  I have  a specific setup I would like to try with optics and and offset/canted(?) quickfire....just trying to find a similar set up to copy so I'm not starting from scratch.

Back to reading, and Thanks in advance to everyone!

L2m